Web Strategist & Developer
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications for the position of Web Strategist & Developer with the Information Systems Department.
This position reports to the Business Solutions Lead ? Database Administrator. As a Web Strategist & Developer, you are a guiding force behind new web initiatives at the City of Moncton. You initiate and lead new web projects, and work with the operations team as the strategy point person throughout the project?s lifecycle.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with City of Moncton departments, council and the business community to strategically plan, develop and manage their website structure and content.
- Offer recommendations that fit the stakeholder?s needs and goals and align with best practices.
- Research and apply market information including user behavior, organizational information and best practices.
- Use analysis, tracking, and research?including data from Google Analytics and other tools?to assess the impact of site structure and content on online goals.
- Create detailed site and section structure matrices with recommendations for content, linking strategies, calls-to-action, SmartPanel use (when applicable) and more for each page.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to answer questions and customize user experience strategy and content recommendations to fit their unique organizational challenges.
- Guide overall web architecture, requirement definition, and project timelines, working with the different City departments and/or vendors as needed to ensure they are met and completed as required.
- Analyze and regularly report on web analytics to guide strategy and keep web infrastructure agile and responsive to user behaviors.
- Monitor CMS technology developments and UX best practices to keep corporate websites current.
- Monitor responsive design and mobile friendly trends to incorporate new developments into web strategy.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer.
The City offers an attractive benefits and salary package in keeping with the City Hall Employees Association/PSAC Local 60200 Collective Agreement.
The Applicant must submit their application through the online system that can be found at: www.moncton.ca/employment. To obtain more information, please contact Human Resources at 506-877-7707.
CLOSING DATE: NOON ? MARCH 30, 2017
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however,only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted)