Are you a talented and experienced UX Designer with a killer portfolio? Do you want to work with a skilled, fun team of developers and designers who work collaboratively to craft the strategy and look of new mobile products? If you're the kind of designer that starts by asking the right questions and drawing on your knowledge of usability, interaction, and graphic and visual design-we want to talk to you. You should have a passion for mobile apps, an artistic eye, and a knack for reducing complex ideas to the essentials of simplistic design.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has a passion for mobile technology and stays on top of the latest app and design trends.
- Is well organized and has the ability to work with a creative team and directly with clients to deliver on a shared vision.
- Is a self-starter with the drive to push the creative envelope and a fine-tuned attention to detail.
What you'll do
Product Planning Responsibilities:
- Facilitating initial planning and strategy discussions with project stakeholders.
- Collaboratively capturing product requirements and key use cases.
- Working through strategy, goals and assumptions.
- Understanding of high-level technical considerations.
- Identify and facilitate improvements for existing products
Product Delivery Responsibilities:
- Design elegant solutions to complex mobile workflows.
- Develop UI wireframes outlining mobile product features and functionality.
- Work with developers to build interactive UX prototypes.
- Run user-testing sessions to test prototypes.
- Design polished mock ups of user interfaces.
- Work closely with clients, developers and other UX designers throughout the project.
What you'll need
Experience: 1 to 3 years experience in a similar role.
College Degree in Design
Bachelor Degree in Design
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Since 2009, MindSea Development has built many world-class apps used by millions of people around the world. Our team is headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia and serves clients across the US and Canada.
We believe that the best apps start with a great idea, so MindSea collaborates closely with its clients to understand their vision and turn it into a leading mobile app.
Our team of experienced professionals has deep expertise in mobile design, development, integration, and project delivery for iPhone, iPad and Android platforms.
Looking for a challenge? Want to work with amazing developers and designers? Why not join us!
- Dynamic and creative open-concept work environment
- Fun startup atmosphere, in a community of other great startups
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefit plan
- New MacBook Pro
- iPhone/Android phone of your choice with generous data plan
- iPad/Android tablet of your choice
- 3 weeks vacation + time off during the Holidays
- A flexible work environment with flex-time and flex-place options to support a healthy work-life balance
- Strong, collaborative team environment
- Ongoing investment into learning
- Regular social events - e.g. lunch and learns, App release celebrations, seemingly random trips to Freak Lunch Box for chocolate-peanut-butter milkshakes, Friday afternoon happy hours, etc.