User Experience (UX) Designer
As the UX Designer, you will work within the R&D/Innovation team. You have a strong analytical mind, good business sense, strong research ability, have a passion for technology, and you are a great problem solver.
This role will be responsible for customer retention, growth and user experience improvement projects. You will work closely with product managers in researching and defining product requirements and validating them with end users. You will prototype and test product ideas before market release and will work collaboratively with software developers on prioritizing features and functionality during implementation.
Strong communication and leadership skills are key, as this role requires frequent interaction with all areas of the company. Teamwork skills are very important, as you will work closely with heads of various departments.
· With a suite of user testing tools, the successful candidate will research and learn customer behavior on our properties and make recommendations for product improvements.
· Follow a project from strategy through design, to ensure that the user is first and foremost in the final product.
· Work with project teams from brainstorm to execution. Define high-level interaction experience, site architecture and navigation, as well as design user flow and experience.
· Analyze user research data and collaborate with project teams to design a user-centered site blueprint.
· Create amazing user interfaces and functional specification documents, user guides, strategy, and analysis documents.
· Advocate for users/consumers throughout the development process.?Define metrics and parameters for success, as well as conduct usability testing and assessment.?Conduct research through stakeholder interviews, market research, web analytics, observation, surveys, etc.
· Documentation of all UIs developed.
· Define user experience standards that can be applied across offerings.
STI has recently been awarded one of Atlantic Canada's Best Places to Work, Deloitte Canada's Best Managed Companies (2015), Progress Magazine's Fastest Growing Companies (2011-2015) and was named a Deloitte Fast50 and Fast500 winner.
Our company has seen exceptional growth in our modern office, located conveniently in Lacewood near many bus routes. We love our office so much, have a committee dedicated to keeping our corporate culture strong, yummy snacks in the kitchen and no enforced limits on vacation and/or sick time for our employees.