Posted July 20th 2017
Sendwithus is looking for a UI/UX Designer to join our Product Team and own the design process for the Sendwithus web application. This position has a lot of room for growth, creativity, and independence. You will be working with the Product Team and partnering with our Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales teams to identify user workflows, common pain points, and build great customer experiences. In short, you will become the voice for user-centric UX design and UI best practices throughout the entire company.
We believe that user-centric design ultimately leads to the best possible products, so we listen closely to our customers. As the UI/UX designer on our close-knit, cross-functional team, you’ll play an integral role in shaping the future of our product.
- We use modern design tools, such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- We deploy app updates daily, using Github, Heroku, and CloudFront.
In Your First 3 Months, You Will...
- Learn about the Sendwithus customer and product feature set
- Create low and high fidelity mockups and interactive prototypes for new features and product ideas
- Run and document user tests (both internally and externally) and iterate based on feedback
- Use customer data to identify user workflows and pain-points, based on specific personas
- Participate in Product QA parties to ensure deployed UI/UX is polished and bug free
- Work with product developers to implement a new UI based on your mockups
In Your First 12 Months, You Will...
- Create and implement a consistent UI/UX strategy for the Sendwithus web application
- Develop and maintain a library of reusable UI/UX elements, layouts, patterns, etc.
- Work with the Product Manager and Customer Success team to gather design requirements and document user pain-points
- Become a strong voice for design practices throughout the company
- Be heavily involved in developing the design team within the company, including hiring practices and recruitment strategies
Sendwithus powers email communication for large online businesses. Our system handles thousands of users and more than 30 Million emails every day, ranging from real-time notifications and invoices to personalized marketing campaigns and product updates. Our customers include Microsoft, Zillow, DonorsChoose, and MeUndies - in fact, we're already one of the top 300 email senders in the world. We were part of Y Combinator's W14 batch, have offices in both Victoria and San Francisco, and are backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.