As a Technical Director (TD) at K2 Digital you will be responsible for the technology for a defined portfolio of clients. You will collaborate with clients, sales, strategy, account management to ensure technical solutions accurately address customer needs, are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers, and are evaluated internally to ensure solution viability. Our Technical Director is the lead technology solution architect for their clients and as such is responsible for understanding both the technical and business requirements to help clients achieve their objectives. As a Technical Director you ensure the alignment with client technology team(s) throughout the delivery lifecycle.
What you'll do
- Understands business problems to be solved, and provides technical direction and solution during all phases, including discovery, pre-sales, definition and delivery
- Provides estimates for projects for all technical disciplines, involves other discipline leads where appropriate, articulates and documents associated assumptions and risks
- Serves as standard escalation point for the client services and project management team for technology project and operations issues
- Ensures quality of all technical outputs meets clients' expectations and standards
- Maintains lasting client relationships, particularly with IT departments, through both remote and on site meetings across North America
- Maintains long-term and big picture plans for client systems, architectures and technical environment
- Identifies new opportunities in day-to-day communication, and communicates them to the account team
- Defines, communicates and enforces necessary standards and regulatory compliance, particularly in relation to security, privacy, and architectural best practices
- Proactively learns client technology platforms, methodologies and processes as required
- Assists Client Services and Business Development in sales efforts
- Manages a team of developers, quality assurance and system operators
- Provides team leadership, mentoring and development and growth planning
What you'll need
Bachelor Degree in Mathematics
Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- 8+ years industry experience in web project experience
- 3+ years of PHP web project experience required
- 2+ years leading Agile project teams
- 1+ years implementing DevOps principals and tools
- Knowledge of both cloud and co-lo computing infrastructure
- Ability to depict complex technology concepts into visuals for internal and client audiences
- Passionate about technology and K2 Digital and clients' teams deliver using Agile methodology
- Proactively about learning new technologies and technical strategies
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong desire to research and learn
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented fashion without losing sight of the overall picture
- Exhibits K2 Digital?s Foundational Values of Drive, Empathy, Authenticity, Optimism
We're looking for
A little bit about us
K2 Digital helps the world's top brands re-imagine and transform their business for the digital age. We're a new breed agency, delivering innovation though four practice areas: digital strategy, digital marketing, digital technology and digital hypercare.
Our global clients include MillerCoors, Sony, Bank Of Montreal, Suncor, Wal-Mart, Canadian Tire, Rogers, LUSH Cosmetics, AGF, RSA and Brookfield.
We're a Klick company, recognized as one of the country's 50 Best Employers, 50 Best Managed Companies, and 50 Fastest Growing Companies.
K2 Digital features an energetic environment where people strive to create the best work of their lives. We're proud to work with the best people in the industry, backed by the most sophisticated orchestration platform in the world - our proprietary Genome platform.
Our team includes award-winning visionaries, published authors, designers, technologists and strategists. Our culture is really important to us and we feature an energetic environment where people strive to create the best work of their lives.
We're growing fast, and we're on the lookout for awesome talent - smart, ambitious game changers that can help us achieve our vision. We want you to grow with us, be our next thought leader, jump right in, make a difference and have a ton of fun doing it.
For more information, visit our website at www.k2digital.com, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @k2digital.