Blue Spurs puts the latest technologies in the hands of people who solve problems like it's a competitive sport. What's the result? With over 100 professionals from coast-to-coast, we work with a diverse range of organizations, from start-ups to high-profile large enterprises, and find solutions to help them accelerate and reach their business goals faster.
We help position, design and develop solutions using web, mobile, IoT and everything in between. As one of five Advanced Consulting Partners for Amazon Web Services in Canada, and the only one east of Toronto, Blue Spurs has demonstrated itself as a leader in the cloud service provider industry.
About the role
We are seeking a Cloud Solutions Architect to help our customers leverage efficient, secure and profitable use of the AWS cloud platform. On daily basis, you'll collaborate with Software Developers, QA, DevOps and clients on cloud adoption plans, application design, management, support and monitoring.
We'll also assist you in obtaining your AWS Solutions Architect certification - one of the most valuable on the market right now.
What you'll be doing
- Architecting clustered application services for resilience and performance
- Monitoring and configuring our Production, Development and QA environments
- Assisting in software deployment, migration and configuration
- Developing, implementing and enhancing tooling and processing for internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting Bids and Design for prospective clients and development teams
Technologies you'll be using
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Linux (various flavours)
- Automation tools (Chef, Ansible and Docker)
- Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins or Bamboo)
- Coding and scripting (PHP, Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl)
What you need
- Background in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience in automation and deployment tools
- Expert in Linux or Unix administration
- Strong experience in SQL and MySQL
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
Some of our perks
- More free food than you can eat (including a catered lunch every Friday)
- Excellent health benefits and RRSP matching package
- Training, certification and mentorship to ensure you're constantly learning
Where you'll be working
We are located in the beautiful capital city of Fredericton, New Brunswick. Remote candidates elsewhere in Canada will be considered, with preference given to those in Moncton, Saint John, Charlottetown and Halifax. At this time, we can only consider those with valid Canadian work authorization for the role.
A little bit about us
At Blue Spurs we?re using leading-edge technologies to provide our clients with top-level solutions. Our services range from full system development to managing complex hosted infrastructures in the cloud. We work with a diverse range of public and private sector interests from across the continent, including start-ups and high-profile, large enterprises. We?re highly sought after for our expertise in Mobile and Cloud Enablement, including rich web-based systems. Our use of the Agile software development methodology is another key element that defines the culture here at Blue Spurs.
There are exciting things happening in this industry and it?s a competitive market for top talent. We are strongly committed to creating a positive working environment for our employees, and we strive to give them opportunities to broaden their experience and constantly acquire leading-edge industry skills. Being part of a growing company, our employees know their work is a vital part of our team?s success.