Posted August 1st 2017
What is HeyOrca?
As a developer, you have probably worked on some contracts and projects at some point in your life: setting up a website, developing software, consulting. The success of the project relies on active communication between you, your team and the stakeholders of the project by defining goals, deliverables, collaborating on work and communicating the results. Marketing agencies work similarly: they help tens and hundreds of clients with their marketing strategy and content; all with different expectations, deadlines, and deliverables. HeyOrca is a web based tool to make sense of this chaos: bringing the marketing team and their clients together in one place to communicate, create and deliver. Think of it like GitHub for marketing agencies.
The QA Developer
While our team focuses on delivering exciting features and improvements as fast as possible, we want to maximize a pleasant user experience by preventing bugs, inconsistencies, and confusion. We can't do this without the hero dedicated to making sure the team is making as few mistakes as possible: The QA Developer.
And that’s why we need you. We are looking for a capable developer who will help the company by setting a QA process in place and create automated tests to accommodate that process.
Your responsibilities revolve around ensuring the quality of work at various stages of the software development process, from ideation to post-release:
- Ensuring development tasks are well defined and documented
- Writing automated tests that help minimize development mistakes
- Testing and validating changes to the system
- Reporting bugs and providing high-level reports
- Communicating the stability of the system and upcoming releases to team leads.
As a qualified applicant, you
- Have work experience with writing automated tests
- Are detailed oriented in reporting and assessment
- Have a computer science degree or similar education or work experience.
- Live in Newfoundland or are open to moving to St. John's, NL.
Before we tell you about HeyOrca, read what others think of us:
HeyOrca was founded in January 2015, has passed two rounds of investment by some of the best venture capital funds in Atlantic Canada and now consists of 30 brilliant minds. We mostly work from our new office location in St. John’s with an open office concept where you can turn your head to listen to sales calls, ask our designer for feedback or get some help with your code. That doesn’t mean we don’t know how to focus: feel free to put on your headphones or go to one of the quiet office rooms to work.
We believe that HeyOrca is the right place for you, if:
- You want to make an impact in the early to mid stages of a successful tech company,
- You value learning and experimenting new ways of doing things,
- You are eager to take new responsibilities and face new challenges,
- You enjoy doing all the above all day every day.
A company is only the sum of its people, and we genuinely can’t say enough of this team. We want amazing developers like you to be part of this, grow with us and have a fulfilling career.
PS. We have many more positions open, so check them out and spread the word if you like what we do.
Read more about us at: https://www.heyorca.com/careers