Social Media Strategist
Remote position. Part-time, with the opportunity to move to full-time.
InThink Agency, a growing marketing and business consultancy, is looking for an experienced, performance-driven Social Media Strategist. You will be responsible for developing and implementing social media strategy for inThink and our clients in order to increase online presence and improve marketing and sales efforts. You will be working closely with the Marketing and Sales departments.
To be successful as a Social Media Strategist you must have strong writing skills as well as skills in photo editing and graphic design. A great Social Media Strategist is willing to learn about new trends and tools to help them produce better content and results.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be extremely organized and have excellent time management
- Be driven to get things done
- Be sociable (pun intended)
- Respond well to pressure
- Have an eye for detail
- Think quickly on their feet and be a creative problem solver
- Be proactive and able to direct the fulfillment team
- Be a full time learner, always staying up to date on social media trends and best practices
Social media projects will involve Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and others as needed. This candidate should be well versed in scheduling platforms including Buffer, Hootsuite, Hubspot and more .
This is a fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for controlling multiple projects and brands simultaneously. Though most work will be directly with the internal team, this position will require some client-facing meetings.
inThink is a hybrid marketing and business consulting agency working with a diverse portfolio of clients and industries to help optimize the 6 pillars critical to business success: technology, operations, customer success, strategy, marketing, creative.
We use our holistic approach to build client brands and improve marketing ROI through measurable marketing. We can build a brand from the ground up, or elevate a well-established marketing program.
We pride ourselves on communication and collaboration and ensure that our passion for the business translates into a great experience for each and every client. Our team emphasizes clear, frequent communication within the inThink team, clients and partners as part of that experience.
We define our business largely by the people that we work with. We love agile, open-minded thinkers who wake up in the morning and say "Let's do this". We work hard because we're passionate about the business and the people it positively impacts. We love what we do.
We seek people who fit our culture-team members who are hardworking, detail-oriented, outgoing and innovative. We respect people who challenge the status quo and dare to think differently.
Our culture is simple. We don't do super-formal and we don't do bad attitudes. We DO love a challenge, diverse backgrounds and viewpoints - and each other.
What you'll do
Responsibilities & Duties
- Strategize, design and implement social content that aligns with client campaigns and scope of work
- Create detailed content calendars for annual, quarterly and monthly review
- Plan and schedule content in advance
- Amplify content for social posts (using photos, branded assets, custom graphics, audio, etc.) or scheduling the team to fulfill content needs
- Define most important social media KPIs
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Measure and track the performance of every social media campaign
- Experience with linking external web content to social posts and accounts (for example: IG profile handles that link to articles, scroll up features on IG Stories that link to other content)
- New ideas and concepts are also important but will be carefully analyzed and tested before communication and adoption
- Work in a multidisciplinary team with copywriters and designers
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Product Development teams
- Track and analyze SEO in order to provide effective solutions for content optimization
- Network with industry professionals and influencers via social media
- Keeping up with technologies and best practices used in social media
- Using social media marketing tools and softwares
- Tracking customer engagement and SEO to optimize campaign content
- Reputation management for client social profiles (helping clients engage with their users, alerting them to respond to negative or other time-sensitive comments that may appear on their account)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What you'll need
- Degree or proven work experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Social Media Strategist or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Practical knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Outstanding multitasking skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in B2B and B2C posts on social media platforms
- Proven success building a social following (experience with follow-back strategies is a HUGE plus!)
- Proficiency with Google Business Suite
- Experience with social posting software (Hootsuite, Buffer, HubSpot)
- Familiarity with basic creative software (specifically, Canva)
- Familiarity with project management software (specifically, Asana)
- PLUS: Experience creating and managing paid social campaigns (paid or boosted content on Facebook, Instagram)
- HUGE PLUS: Familiarity with cannabis law and posting on social media for cannabis companies
- Experience in an agency environment (preferred, but not required)
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Since our founding in 2016, we have been driven by one single goal - improving our community by helping to strengthen the businesses that make it so special.
We began as a digital marketing creative agency but evolved into a full-service business consultancy. Our philosophy is that great marketing alone is not enough to sustain success long-term. A strength in one critical pillar may not be enough to offset weakness in another. This is why our approach focuses on six pillars critical to business success: technology, operations, customer success, marketing, strategy, and creative.
Our people and our process make us who we are.