Social Enterprise Director
The Social Enterprise Director will help Forests Intl. build out an ecosystem of mission-driven people and organizations by providing business supports to partners around the world. They will work with a deeply collaborative team to:
Write the playbook . . .
Formalize the organization’s process framework for climate smart enterprise creation so that it can be replicated more frequently and more rapidly. Or in other words, make sense of our approach to turning program innovations into new startups so we can share our model and make it better.
Increase the impact . . .
Help grow existing social enterprise initiatives including climate smart spice trading in Zanzibar and carbon offsetting in the Acadian forest. Identify and evaluate additional social enterprise opportunities to guide forward strategies.
Grow the network . . .
Facilitate the launch of the Ecosystem Collective, a multi-stakeholder cooperative for people and companies that put fighting climate change at the core of their mission. Guide members to a cohesive strategic direction.
- Assist people and companies in the fair trade and low-carbon sectors with market assessment, financial modeling, and sales with the goal of increasing revenues and creating 2 new businesses (currently incubated) over 12 months.
- Pursue capital opportunities for social enterprises including community capital options such as New Brunswick’s Community Economic Development Corporations (CEDCs).
- Establish a data collection and evaluation system to track collective impact and guide strategic decisions within the ecosystem.
- Bring key leaders to the Ecosystem Collective.
- Guide members to consensus and action to achieve the mission of the Ecosystem Collective.
- Mission driven to fight climate change and uphold Forests Intl.’s core values of trust, empowerment, and sustainable abundance.
- Ability to work effectively within and across diverse teams and sectors.
- Experience in business development, entrepreneurship, and sales.
- Financial modeling, reporting, and management experience.
- Strong communication skills in writing and speaking.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills.
• Experience working or living in diverse cultures.
• 5+ years in a leadership position or running your own business.
• B.B.A / M.B.A
• Ability to innovate creative solutions to complex problems.
• Track record of successful project design and execution for social impact.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV outlining your experience as it relates to this job description and provide an expected salary range for the position. Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Social Enterprise Director’.
Forests Intl. is committed to diversity in our workplace and encourages applications from racially visible persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We hope that’s you :) To learn more about Community Forests International visit www.forestsinternational.org