AKVA group is a technology partner and supplier of advanced technology and services to the aquaculture industry worldwide.
The North American division of AKVA group with its located in Campbell River, BC is seeking to fill a full time position(s) of Sevice Technician
What you'll do
The successful applicant (s) will be responsible for a wide variety of duties related to support the onsite installation, maintenance and repair of aquaculture technology and equipment.
What you'll need
- Required High School Diploma and Post-Secondary study in Aquaculture or technology (electronics, electrical, electromechanics)
- 2 years of experience in operating marine or fresh water farms or maintaining electromechanical equipment
- Strong mechanical/electronic aptitude
- Comfortable with computer networking and electronic systems
- Ability to understand the day to day operations on a fish farm, routine maintenance, problem solving.
- Operation of electrical and electronic equipment such as feeding systems, underwater sensors, camera systems etc.
- Skilled in standard software including Microsoft Excel, Word, etc. and aptitude to learn and work with various industry specific software products.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
AKVA group North America
AKVA group is a technology and service partner to the global aquaculture industry. As a public company operating in one of the world's fastest growing food industries, AKVA group supplies everything from single components, complete installations, and services for both cage and land-based aquaculture operations.
AKVA group is present in all markets with offices in Norway, Chile, Denmark, Scotland, Iceland, Canada, Australia, and Turkey. The North American division of AKVA group has Canadian offices in Campbell River, British Columbia.
AKVA group contributes with solutions and services that make our customers successful in developing and operating sustainable and profitable aquaculture operations. It does so by attracting and keeping great people with diverse knowledge to develop sustainable solutions and services to further the industry.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We are looking for a professional who is:
- Interested in working in the outdoors, especially on the water
- A responsible team player
- Interested in technology, field work and is comfortable working on customer sea sites.
- Committed and self-motivated with very good organizational skills.