AirMason is a team of ambitious individuals based out of Toronto and the UK. We created a platform that takes the boring old HR employee handbook, and turns it into a fun and exciting digital handbook that tell employees more about the culture of the organization they are a part of.
Our handbook platform has helped companies like Hinge, Elastic Search, Tim Hortons, Quibi, Lacoste, and Remy Cointreau -- and we're just getting started.
There are so many broken processes in almost every company. AirMason's goal is to fix those processes one by one, using great design and engineering. You can learn a bit more about the founding of the company here: https://www.airmason.com/about/
We like the idea of creating software that helps create a great culture for employees around the world. It is more important than ever to do that. If you believe this to be a worthwhile goal, we welcome you to join us.
The Full Stack Engineer will be responsible for growing the AirMason product. As part of the early founding team, you will be working closely together with Sales, Product, Design, and Customer Success to build out features onto the platform. We have a flat organizational structure and the goal is to continually ship services on a weekly basis in a team environment, not be afraid of making mistakes, and always thinking of cool features that would delight people.
What you'll do
• Create and update API endpoints;
• Create accessible, efficient, and testable back-end components;
• Helping onboard clients by helping them setup SSO into the platform with various login providers;
• Helping onboard clients by helping to integrate with other platforms;
• Making parts of the API available for 3rd party use;
• Review code and provide insightful feedback;
• Concepting, creating and building applications alongside graphic designers, including taking designer wireframes and turning them into effective code;
• Working through the development lifecycle to launch;
• Designing user-based interactions through effective front-end architecture;
• Developing functional databases, applications and servers to support our services on the back end;
• Coding for various platforms to ensure functionality across multiple channels;
• Leading and developing best practices for backend and frontend team.
• Determining application responsiveness for consumers;
• Ensuring company mandate is effectively addressed in technical and developmental aspects;
• Managing database administration and hosting duties;
• Troubleshooting issues and problem solving as necessary; and
• Keeping current with industry trends and developments that can be applied to company needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need
• BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field;
• Three to five (3-5) years of experience in a full stack, front-end developer role, or similar experience;
• Minimum four plus (4+) years of experience with NodeJS;
• Minimum of one plus (1+) years of experience with TypeScript;
• Minimum of one plus (1+) years of experience with ReactJS;
• Understanding of both non-relational as well as relational databases;
• Experience using APIs to build distributed cloud applications an asset;
• Experience in API design and development;
• Strong knowledge of data structures, system design and algorithms;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and a head for problem solving; and
• Skilled at working in tandem with a team, or unsupervised as required.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
AirMason is a fast-growing startup located in Toronto, with a remote-first team. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
AirMason is an equal opportunity employer. Just like Toronto itself, we believe we are strongest when we combine our diverse backgrounds and skills to work together.