CAA is the leading Member services organization in Canada. With over 258,000 Members in Atlantic Canada, CAA has more than doubled our Member base in the past 10 years. CAA is also one of Canada's largest leisure Travel Agencies and we have a vacancy for a Senior Travel Advisor in our Fredericton location. If you are a positive outgoing person with a passion for sharing your travel adventures we would like to meet with you.
What you'll do
- Reporting to the Member Service Center Manager you will proactively manage an existing client base and new client opportunities.
- Sell travel and contribute to the team's profit or revenue targets
- Provide travel information to individuals/groups regarding destinations, transportation and accommodation options/travel costs and recommend products
- Assess needs by individual customer and advise accordingly as to the most suitable travel product or service
- Calculate clients' bills for travel services purchased, including taxes and discounts
- Reserve the components of a trip and advise on and issue ancillary items such as travel insurance etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers
- Provide exceptional sales and service delivery -Member First
- Collect service fees in accordance with CAA guidelines
- Consistently utilizes all components of the company's lead management system
- Attend staff meetings/seminars outside normal branch hours
- Other duties as required
What you'll need
- You're no novice in the game, you've spent at least 7 years working in a travel agency
- You have a High School diploma as well as some post-secondary travel courses
- You are skilled in the Galileo/Apollo reservation system and Focal Point Software Possess or be eligible to earn a CTC/CTM designation
- You embrace travel technology applications and software including Galileo/Apollo and Travelport Cruise
- Your in-depth knowledge of International travel products, destinations and services is second to none
- Communication is your thing; you are a keen listener and can deliver a message clearly and succinctly
- You're a fan of CAA! You understand the benefits of CAA products and services and are not afraid to spread the word
- You can discuss and negotiate details of tours with tour operators, airline personnel, car rental agencies and hotel staff
- You love to spread your enthusiasm and can easily present information on travel destinations at meetings or theme events
- You are blessed with outstanding sales and service techniques
- You know people, I mean really know them, and you possess an uncanny ability to match the appropriate travel product with the client.
- You possess the skills to lead a team through change initiatives
- You motivate others and build effective coaching techniques
- You have an unsurpassed commitment to customer service and sales
- You demonstrate an approachable, caring, friendly and customer service-oriented attitude.
- You conduct yourself in a manner that portrays fairness, honesty, and integrity
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
CAA Atlantic Limited
Based in Atlantic Canada, CAA Atlantic has more than doubled in size in the past 10 years and now serves more than 245,000 Members in all 4 Atlantic Provinces.
We are part of the CAA Federation and with over six million Members, CAA is one of the largest and most trusted & respected consumer-based organizations in Canada. In addition to being the preeminent Auto Club in the country, CAA is also one of Canada's largest leisure travel agencies, is a leading provider of insurance products, and offers Members an outstanding savings and rewards program. CAA has a long history of advocacy as the voice of the traveling public.
Empowered to Achieve
Working at CAA , you'll find a lot of open doors, and an environment where people are treated as equals. We are a somewhat traditional environment that excels in open communication and strives for the family-focused environment for which Atlantic Canada prides itself. This office is not a place where you'll find micro-managers; instead, we concentrate on having meaningful and open conversations.
We are a company that carries a central mission of being there to help people when they need it the most; making bad days good and good days better. We help bring it to life by creating an empowered and respectful work environment; a place where employees know they will be truly valued. Giving back, and striving for self-improvement are attitudes that are rewarded with the trust and space to excel in your work.
Giving Back to the Community
As a not-for-profit organization, we are engaged in giving back to meaningful causes. We contribute to the P.A.L.S (Partners Assisting Local Schools) program, which helps provide opportunities to children in Saint John schools. The IWK, Canadian Blood Services, and Janeway Children's Hospital Foundation are also among the important organizations we strive to help.
We are a Member First organization with a deep understanding of the power in valuing human connections and contributions. That's something we can all get behind!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
CAA offers you:
- A compensation plan that includes a competitive salary, and CAA' s pay-for-performance incentives mean you will earn among the top dollars in the industry.
- An exceptional benefit package
- Onsite parking