Blue Spurs puts the latest technologies in the hands of people who solve problems like it's a competitive sport. What's the result? With over 100 professionals from coast-to-coast, we work with a diverse range of organizations, from start-ups to high-profile large enterprises, and find solutions to help them accelerate and reach their business goals faster.
We help position, design and develop solutions using web, mobile, IoT and everything in between. As the only Advanced Consulting Partner for Amazon Web Services east of Toronto, Blue Spurs has demonstrated itself as an experienced cloud service provider.
About the role
Blue Spurs is seeking senior software developers for front and back-end development. You'll work with your fellow programmers, designers, business analysts, quality assurance and project managers to create custom software for clients across the continent.
You're a senior software developer or engineer with in-depth experience designing, developing, testing, delivering and maintaining software and web development projects. Your technical leadership is used to find innovative ways to solve problems and troubleshoot issues. You enjoy encouraging the development of junior programmers through coaching, code reviews and continuous feedback.
What you'll be doing
- Providing technical leadership to development teams
- Participating in high-level project planning and estimation
- Writing high-quality code that adheres to best practices
- Reviewing, enhancing and improving existing designs and systems
- Making technology recommendations to meet customer needs
- Mentoring and offering technical guidance to junior staff
- Advanced skills in Object Oriented Design and technologies
- Familiarity with Spring MVC, Node, React or Angular.js frameworks
- Strong analysis, development, design and architecture skills
- Comfortable in an Agile environment
- An interest in cloud platforms and technologies
Some of our perks
- More free food than you can eat (including a free catered lunch every Friday)
- Excellent health benefits and RRSP package
- Training, AWS certification and mentorship to ensure you're constantly developing your own skills
Where you'll be working
We are located in the beautiful capital city of Fredericton, New Brunswick. On-site developers are preferred but we are open to remote work elsewhere in Canada for the right candidate. Preference will be given to those in Moncton, Charlottetown, Saint John and Halifax. At this time, we can only consider those with valid Canadian work authorization.
A little bit about us
At Blue Spurs we?re using leading-edge technologies to provide our clients with top-level solutions. Our services range from full system development to managing complex hosted infrastructures in the cloud. We work with a diverse range of public and private sector interests from across the continent, including start-ups and high-profile, large enterprises. We?re highly sought after for our expertise in Mobile and Cloud Enablement, including rich web-based systems. Our use of the Agile software development methodology is another key element that defines the culture here at Blue Spurs.
There are exciting things happening in this industry and it?s a competitive market for top talent. We are strongly committed to creating a positive working environment for our employees, and we strive to give them opportunities to broaden their experience and constantly acquire leading-edge industry skills. Being part of a growing company, our employees know their work is a vital part of our team?s success.