Highline Beta is looking for a creative, resourceful, and proactive designer to join our team. We're looking for a combination of these three attributes because we believe they describe the qualities of a candidate who has chosen to learn and apply the latest in no-code tools-such as Webflow, Airtable, Bubble, Zapier, Typeform, and/or Shopify-to own and realize complete experiences, not just pages. Your role will be focused on working with one of our corporate clients for the next year helping them design and validate future business opportunities by testing them early and often with prospective end users.
You will be responsible for translating hypotheses into experiments which can be put on the web in the form of an ad or landing page, or in front of customers as part of an end-to-end experience prototype. In all instances, making a business idea feel real and exciting is the goal. Successful experiments will likely involve a combination of branding, copywriting, layout, and interaction design, spanning multiple touch-points across the journey. If you're a designer who likes to quickly find signal in the noise of ambiguity, who values feedback from the market, and who likes to take the experience into their own hands, this is the role for you.
What you'll do
Translate new business ideas into believable expressions of their potential by creating the right artifact for the job at hand. Examples may include:
- Quickly throwing together a landing page to test a concept's appeal using Webflow
- Creating lightweight branding to improve believability, both with customers and stakeholders
- Launch a Shopify store that helps identify and grow early adopters
- Designing ads that test multiple value propositions to determine which one resonates the most
- Building a scrappy back-end operations tool and dashboard using Airtable to Wizard of Oz a service fulfillment journey
- Developing responsive clickable prototypes using Figma that cover the full end-to-end, multi-device experience
- Designing sign-up flows and automated follow-ups to optimize data and feedback capture
- Contributing to the evaluation of the desirability, viability and feasibility of new business ideas using qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques built into your designs
What you'll need
- 3-5 years experience in a hands-on design role (service, mobile and/or web)
- Experience working on teams applying Agile, Lean, Jobs-to-be-Done, and Design Thinking methodologies
- Familiarity with current design tools such as Figma, Framer, Sketch, and/or InVision
- At least one project completed incorporating one or more of the following no-code tools: Webflow, Airtable, Bubble, Zapier, Typeform, and/or Shopify
- Experience breaking down your own work into tasks that align to the team's goals for a given sprint
- Able to own the complete design from wireframe to market
- Thinks beyond the interface, connecting touch-points within a bigger product system
- Comfortable articulating and justifying design decisions to teammates and stakeholders in the form of a prototype walkthrough or a deck communicating results
- Ability to switch between the big picture intentions and the finer details of execution
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Oriented towards realizing greater impact and improved outcomes for users and customers
- Ability to create and use prototypes for generative research purposes
- Ability to test and evaluate usability and accessibility
- Familiarity with service design and delivery
- Experience working with CPG brands
We're looking for
A little bit about us
At Highline Beta, we celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Highline Beta builds and funds ventures in collaboration with global corporate enterprises across a variety of industries. In some cases we incubate new startups from the outside and in others we support internal corporate innovation engagements. For example, we've helped RBC Ventures launch 10+ new ventures in market across multiple verticals. Our opportunities are research led - and the first phase of working with our clients is typically a research engagement where we work to understand where problems worth solving exist. Because of this ethos, this is an exciting opportunity to really get your hands dirty across a wide range of markets doing generative research and venture validation work into opportunities and helping set those opportunities up to become real businesses.