Senior PR & Account Manager
The primary role of the Senior PR Account Manager is to assist the Director of PR in planning, coordinating and executing public relations initiatives for agency clients. This person produces bold, strategic, persuasive messages in all media that helps our clients reach their business goals.
You must be:
- A fantastic writer with proven success! [English]
- A self-starter and quick thinker. You don't always need direction or go ahead to get started.
- Super resourceful. You can quickly find the answer to your questions without needing assistance.
- Strong at identifying what needs to be done and how. Really great at reading the play and thinking ahead.
- Excellent with time management and project management.
- Great at managing client activities, communications, and expectations.
- Able to write and distribute press releases.
- An active social media user and comfortable using social media as platforms to engage and connect with influencers and media.
- Experienced with influencer relations with a proven track record.
- Able to promote and analyze the results of our PR, content and influencer relations efforts to report back to the team and clients.
- Awesome, fun and loves the startup agency life!
You have experience with:
- Pitching technology and business media, can show proven success of placing pieces in top tier media outlets (ie: TechCrunch, The Next Web, Wired, etc.) This success must have been entirely facilitated by you. Ideally, you would bring existing relationships with the media to the table.
- Using wire services and writing both traditional and newer style press releases.
- Running successful influencer outreach/relations campaigns and can manage several client campaigns at a time.
- Reporting on PR and influencer relations campaigns. Can identify problems and areas for improvement in our approach.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Director of PR to make sure all clients have a solid PR strategy in place, that it is being executed on and achieving the desired results.
- Media relations including outreach, pitching and ongoing communication with outside media contacts and publications.
- Research and identification of media lists including sourcing contact information and history / background on desired writers, contributors and bloggers.
- Ideation and creation of positioning statements, pitches and media angles.
- Researching & identifying opportunities to submit 3rd party content (guest posting) on other sites. (Mostly blogs, but may also include podcasts & video.)
- Writing and editing of some content for our portfolio of clients, which includes white-papers, blog posts, guides and eBooks.
- Contributing to weekly and monthly reporting on all PR and influencer relations programs for all clients.
- Managing various client accounts to make sure all tasks are being delivered on time and in the best manner.
- Share and promote all press mentions and ongoing content on social networks.
- Management of various client appearances (scheduling & logistics) in conjunction with in-person interviews. (Including, but not limited to: print, radio & television.)
- Suggest improvements and efficiencies to the Onboardly process where appropriate.
- Research & identification of opportunities to promote Onboardly and our clients in traditional and nontraditional means.
- Write and promote Onboardly content and blog.
- FREE coffee - Yay!
- A great benefits package.
- No set vacation policy - take it as you need it.
- Cool team.
- Team offsites and fun activities.
- Career development.