We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 35 years, we're still growing! We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- At least 6+ yrs experience as an Oracle SQL, PL/SQL Developer
- Experience in analysis, design, implementation of business applications using Oracle RDBMS
- Involvement in all phases of the SDLC
- Development using Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL PLUS, TOAD and SQL DEVELOPER
- Table Functions, Indexes, Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions and Materialized Views
- Good knowledge on logical and physical Data Modeling using normalizing Techniques
- Expertise in creation of databases, table spaces, tables, indexes, users, grants, etc.
- Experience in complex database objects like Stored Procs, Functions, Packages, Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL
- Ability to develop materialized views for data replication in distributed environments
- Working knowledge of Oracle features such as Query Optimizer, Execution Plans and Indexes
- Experience with Performance Tuning for Oracle RDBMS using Explain Plan and HINTS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Data Modeling using Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema modeling, Fact and Dimensions tables and Physical, Logical data modeling
- Experience with Data modeling using a tool such as ER Studio or Erwin
- Experience with manual scripting using SQL and PL/SQL
What you'll do
Your future duties and responsibilities
In this role, the PL/SQL developer will create solutions and resolve a wide range of issues, as necessary. It is expected that this work may be performed without direction. The PL/SQL developer typically participates in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
What you'll need
We're looking for
A little bit about us
At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.