As the Senior Manager, Sales Operations you will report to the Chief Customer Officer, Walter Andri, and will contribute to and enhance the effectiveness of Highline Beta's Revenue generation function. You will be responsible for creating systems to optimize revenue generation efforts to drive lead generation and ensure a positive prospective client experience. Working in conjunction with the Chief Customer Officer you will develop and operate systems that generate and track prospective leads through the sales cycle from cold outreach to proposal stage. You will act as the steward of the CRM system, external lead generation vendors, events and partners. If you're passionate about driving results through full lifecycle sales and operations planning, re-engagement and tracking, demonstrating process improvement through data analysis, and while ensuring prospective clients have a positive experience, this role is for you.
Highline Beta was founded with the mission of building better ventures. Our thesis is this: by unlocking the assets within large companies, we can help them grow beyond their core through internal and external innovation.
We're blending an innovation consulting business with a venture capital business, giving us the best of both worlds. We're building a team of exceptional people that are excited by the prospect of working at a company that's doing something different and delivering incredible value.
We love building businesses. We love the mission of finding meaningful problems to solve, and then solving them with the right solutions. We love helping others achieve their goals, whether it's an innovation leader inside a large company, or a founder that's scaling her startup. Everything is a puzzle that needs to be figured out, and we spend our time at Highline Beta putting the puzzle pieces together.
We work across a host of different industries, and believe in our mix of entrepreneurial chutzpah and rigorous innovation methodologies to get us to the answers we're looking for. We help some of the world's biggest companies find and shape new business opportunities that will propel them to continued growth. For example, we've helped RBC Ventures launch 10+ new ventures in-market across multiple verticals. And we bring the startup ecosystem to our clients' doors, through smart partnership opportunities and our venture studio.
Our team at Highline Beta is customer-obsessed doers who are driven by outcomes over outputs. You will be collaborating with a cross-functioning team made up of leaders like Hussam Ayyad and venture strategists like Lindy Bates.
What you'll do
- You will lead the outbound lead generation strategy via direct prospecting campaigns and through strategic partners and events
- You will direct Business Development Representatives (BDR) vendors and support our partners
- You will lead, manage and report on operational metrics and setting KPIs that support business operations and decisions
- You will manage, optimize and maintain CRM records via Hubspot, reports and dashboards, day to day operations and upkeep ensuring data is accurate and integrated with other aspects of the business (e.g., marketing & sales)
- You will support the sales team and partners in customizing presentations, client research, assisting in business case development for prospective clients and admin required for meetings
- You will provide continuous improvement of sales processes, documentation, and tools to promote the conversion of prospects to accepted proposals
- You will establish KPIs and develop an action plan if KPIs are missed
- You will partner with marketing to develop inbound and outbound lead generation campaigns across multiple channels (email, LinkedIn, HLB blog / website, conference lists, and events).
- You will support the Chief Customer Officer by attending client meetings as required
What you'll need
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in driving sales strategy, operations, and lead generation initiatives for sales organizations.
- You have a deep understanding of lifecycle stages, lead nurturing, business development, and lead scoring.
- You have experience in Innovation Services or Agency
- You have experience building customer presentations and sales support tools
- You have strong knowledge of CRMs, Excel, Google Slides, and Data Management
- You have experience with using and integrating digital tools to enable sales processes/efficiency
- You have an analytical mindset and experience using data to inform decisions
- You have strong attention to detail, operational execution ability
- You have excellent problem solving and communication skills
We're looking for
A little bit about us
At Highline Beta, we celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
How We Hire:
- Phone screen with Lisa Partridge, People Operations and Community Director
- Remote interview with Walter Andri, Chief Customer Officer
- Cross function panel interview to talk about technical and behavioral alignment
- Conduct references & security checks
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted virtually.
Working with Us:
When you join our innovative team here at Highline Beta, here are the benefits & perks you can expect:
- Competitive salary and employer-paid health benefits, including paid parental leave and access to Inkblot Therapy
- Stock Options
- Bonus based on performance of role and company
- 4 weeks of vacation days per year and additional flex days when needed
- A diverse team who is committed to inclusion
Highline Beta is a venture studio and corporate innovation firm. We identify and build new venture & growth opportunities.
- We are advisors and builders.
- We are passionate about innovation and growing businesses.
- We are genuinely curious.