Highline Beta builds and funds ventures in collaboration with global corporate enterprises across a variety of industries.
This role will be on a team whose goal is to identify and learn from real prospective customers in order to paint the full investment picture for an evidence-based new product, service, platform, or partnership.
We're looking for someone who brings experience translating ambiguity into confidence. Specifically, we need someone who can talk to people, learn about their problems, identify the problems worth solving, and iterate on ways to solve that problem, all with the goal of better understanding the true potential of a venture opportunity. The ideal candidate will have applied a variety of frameworks and approaches (from Design Thinking, to Lean Startup, to Jobs-to-be-Done) while researching and designing solutions across a variety of domains.
We are looking for someone with experience working on multi-disciplinary teams, who is able to lead and focus effort on customer problems, while also getting their hands dirty, be it conducting an interview or whipping up a prototype to test.
Working on a team with venture operations, strategy, marketing, design, and research expertise, the Senior Innovation Strategist will help facilitate the team's collective ability to come up with innovative and compelling solutions to discovered problems by structuring the ideation and concept development process, while ensuring rigor in how they are tested and validated.
Ultimately we're looking for someone who is excited about finding, shaping and proving the value in new venture opportunities.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with Highline Beta researchers on primary and secondary research
- Collaborate with Highline Beta designers to produce concept prototypes and stimulus
- Ideate, shape and define solutions of varying form, be it software, hardware, goods and/or service
- Test concepts for desirability (keeping Viability and Feasibility in mind) using evaluative methods in order to find problem-solution fit
- Help define the venture roadmap from MVP, to pilot, and beyond
What you'll need
Need to have:
- 5+ years of relevant company and/or agency experience in a design, research, or product role
- Have experience enabling teammates and facilitating clients in user-centred design best practices
- Able to think and deliver strategically, while also getting into the weeds and getting things done practically
- Experience in systems thinking and designing complex multi-sided platforms
- Applying consumer research, insights, and trends to validate and propose new products or services
- Practical knowledge of startup innovation frameworks (e.g. Lean, JTBD, DVF, etc.)
- Familiarity with prototyping tools
- Experience working with large organizations
Nice to have:
- CPG experience
- Experience conducting in-market concept tests using ads and landing pages
We're looking for
A little bit about us
At Highline Beta, we celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At Highline Beta we build businesses. In some cases we support clients doing so organically, in other cases we create new startups solving real problems that matter and help great founders launch and scale. You'll have an opportunity to work with a deeply passionate and skilled team that cares about making the world a better place. You'll get to learn from a diverse team of investors, entrepreneurs, designers, product managers, and more. You'll be challenged daily to push yourself, gain new skills, practice and teach the ones you're already an expert in, and help everyone -- yourself, your team, our clients, and our collaborators -- win. Our preferred style is to work with the client, not for the client.