Posted September 29th 2017
As (Senior) Front-end Developer, you'll join a team of experienced colleagues in Montreal, Amsterdam and Rotterdam to develop exciting new tools for gaming, TV and live streaming. You will use the latest and greatest technologies to build breakthrough mobile experiences for Web, iOS and Android. The result of your work will be enjoyed by millions of gamers, TV viewers and fans around the world.
Find out more about this job and our company on our career website.
What you will be working on:
- Be part of the project team that develops the latest version of Winview
- Provide your creative input to tackle frontend challenges for a new second screen app for one of the biggest talent shows on TV
- Show you frontend skills in exciting new tools to interact with viewers and eSports gamers and competitions on Twitch
- Create web based animated broadcast graphics for live streams on Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Support our CMS team in creating an intuitive interface for our clients
- Work on experimental internal projects or start your own!
- You make a point of keeping up to date with the latest technologies
- You know modern front-end techniques like the back of your hand and have a healthy interest in back-end technologies as well
- You take pride in your work and create high quality code, based on coding standards and best practices
- You know all about responsive web design and cross browser compatibility issues
- You are familiar with UX/UI design and can provide feedback on initial ideas, mockups and high-level designs
- You're excited about the fact your work will allow millions of viewers, gamers and users to play along by bringing games, internet and TV together in new and innovative ways
- A born collaborator, you value communication and sharing knowledge. You also work well in a team setting and like to achieve common goals & objectives
- You're comfortable making precise and informed technical decisions autonomously
- You possess an analytical mind, are eager to learn and are always looking for new and innovative solutions
- Customer focus - You put the client at the heart of your decision making
- You're able to transfer your experience and knowledge to junior team members
- Proficient in spoken and written English (and/or Dutch)
What We Offer
- A competitive salary and compensation package
- We'll equip you with the best tools money can buy
- Full reimbursement of your business travel expenses
- The chance to work on challenging and innovative projects, for high-profile clients all over the world
- Training and professional development opportunities
- An informal organization with a flat structure, and co-workers who are motivated and passionate about their work
- Flexibility, including the opportunity to work from home every now and then
- Work in a creative hub with video game, AI and design companies, just a stone's throw from the famous Mont-Royal and the Bell Center in the heart of downtown Montreal
Ex Machina creates high profile, cutting edge apps used by millions of people worldwide, in multiple languages. We work with many of the largest broadcasters, advertisers and production companies in the world. We are looking for candidates who are a quick study and bring their own expertise to join our growing team of technology, design and business folks in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Montreal. We work hard, strive to be the best and hope you’ll be able to make us even better.