Reporting to Lindy Bates, as the Senior Director of Venture Strategy, Business Design, you will be overseeing the development of business strategies and new ventures for our corporate clients. You will be joining our team as an experienced product builder and team leader. Diving deep into the clients' businesses, you will guide clients and our cross-functional team through their journey in translating an ambiguous idea into a validated venture.
Highline Beta helps the Fortune 1000 identify new growth areas, co-innovate with start-ups and build corporate ventures. As part of Lindy Bates' business strategy team, you will guide our clients through the journey of translating an ambiguous idea into a validated venture opportunity using our proven HLB approach. To do this you will collaborate with a cross-functional team made up of researchers like Mary Bulnes Vélez, designers like Benjamin Prigent, and strategists like Akshat Niranjan.
"I moved from consulting to Highline Beta. Initially, I was enticed by getting to work on a client project from beginning to end, helping them uncover growth opportunities and understand what makes a good business idea. I love that we move quickly with minimal approvals and lots of freedom to stress test ideas, iterate and really challenge ourselves."
- Director of Venture Strategy
What you'll do
What you'll do
- Identify strategic opportunities for new ventures
- Lead cross-functional team members and clients through the development of assumptions, and the testing of those assumptions through research and experiments
- Help to develop concepts and solutions to discovered end-user problems
- Oversee the testing of concepts, solutions, and ventures for desirability, viability, and feasibility to find problem-solution fit and early signal for product-market fit
- Shape and define business and financial models for all types of products, services, platforms, or partnerships
What you'll need
What you'll bring to the team
- 7+ years of relevant strategic experience consulting with clients and leading cross-functional teams
- Design or product development experience, with expertise in a hypothesis-driven approach to product or service development
- Experience and comfort working with high degrees of ambiguity
- Experience and comfort interacting with clients of all levels, from the CEO to administrative support staff
- Experience working with large organizations
- Experience in multiple industries/verticals
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
It's a bonus if you have the following
- Experience applying Design Thinking, Lean Startup, and JTBD methodologies to products and services
- Experience developing and setting up new systems/practices for clients or own company
- Experience conducting in-market concept tests using ads and landing pages
A little bit about us
At Highline Beta, we celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What you need to know about Highline Beta
Highline Beta was founded by Marcus Daniels, Lauren Robinson, and Ben Yoskovitz with the mission of building better ventures. We are a hybrid corporate venture studio and venture capital firm that discovers growth opportunities for large companies and helps them realize those opportunities through internal and external innovation. We believe the most ambitious companies need to build a portfolio of new ventures to win.
We believe in speed and experimentation. And always with an investor's mindset. Whether you're looking to build new businesses in-house, spin-out new startups, or partner with start-ups through a corporate accelerator, we can help.
We work with Fortune 1000 companies on developing a balanced approach to innovation by identifying new areas of growth and building a portfolio of venture investments. We believe in startup-corporate collaboration as the ultimate unfair advantage. Our fund invests in startups that have meaningful relationships and pilots with our corporate clients. When this works, everyone wins.
Why join Highline Beta?
In 2021, Highline Beta Was Selected as One of the Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our Guiding Team Principles
- Win as a Team
- Bias for Action & Ownership
- Embrace a Founder Mentality
- Strengthen Diversity & Inclusion
- Act with positive intent & transparency
Other Benefits of Working Here
- Competitive salary and employer-paid health benefits, including top up on parental leave and access to Inkblot Therapy
- Stock Options with a 3 year vest
- Bonus based on performance of role and company
- Flexible vacation policy (at least 4 weeks plus)
- A diverse team committed to inclusion
What you can expect when you apply to Highline Beta
Interview Process (Remote)
- Remote phone screen with Lisa Partridge, People Operations and Community Director
- Remote interview with Hiring Manager, Lindy Bates, VP Venture Strategy, Business Design
- Remote panel interview where you will present a case study to cross-functional HLB team members.
- Remote Interview with Ben Yoskovitz, CPO + Founding Partner
- Conduct references and security checks
We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team and encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.