We are currently looking for motivated Senior Buyer to join our winning team. Our ideal candidate is an energetic self starter who appreciates the challenge of managing the procurement of their product lines, has a keen appreciation for the buying process, is experienced at analyzing commodity markets and gets energized by negotiating and closing the perfect deal.Responsibilities
- Become a Champion of your product lines by continuously wanting to know more and help improve different aspects of the organization.
- Ensure uninterrupted supply of materials is available when required for key product line(s) and ensure inventory min/max levels are maintained
- Monitor and minimize total cost of ownership regarding material purchases; search for alternate sources of supply and negotiate pricing agreements and contracts as required.
- Actively learn to understand the different markets and cost drivers to better react to changes with plan for optimal results.
- Monitor commodities and make recommendations to meet ever changing conditions
- Align purchasing projects with corporates strategic direction
- Prepare technical specifications for RFP's
- Explore alternate sources of supplies and negotiate new contracts as needed
- Monitor and analyze key commodities and explore opportunities to maximize business decisions
- Develop and build relationships with key suppliers. Measures supplier performance using quantitative data based on cost, quality and service levels.
- Analyze current procurement methods and initiate continuous improvement processes to maximize efficiency
- Manage and build both internal and external relationships
- All other duties as assigned
- Designation Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or working towards designation considered an asset
- Experience in Manufacturing industry considered an asset
- Team player mentality with the ability to multitask
- Strong intrapersonal skills
- Knowledgeable regarding strategic sourcing, data analysis & supplier management concepts
- Able to works under limited direction – independently determine and develop approach to solutions
- Able to manage multiple projects in tight timelines with high attention to detail (Project Management skills)
- Strong sense of urgency
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft, Excel, Oracle, ERP
- Strong financial and data analysis as it pertains to purchasing
- High attention to detail
- Proven purchasing and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Bilingualism considered an asset
- Some travel may be required
Proudly recognized as one "Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies" Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer of over 7000 products for the HVAC and structural building industry.
IMG believes that our entrepreneurial culture creates an environment that encourages and enables our employees to be their best every day by encouraging them to think on their feet….to takes an idea from start to finish….to take ownership of their job…and to ultimately stay ahead of the competition.