Senior Business Analyst
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Business Analyst to join our team. You will be the “trusted business advisor” to our clients and will help guide and shape the solutions that they are bringing to market.
As a key member of the team, the Senior Business Analyst will be able to apprehend full project details from clients, understand key requirements with a solid understanding of the dependencies and processes involved as well as being able to manage a distributed team. The ideal candidate should have an industrial engineering background and be well-conversant with the Agile/ Scrum method of software project delivery.
In this role you will draw on the skills and resources of Barrington Edge, our sister company Barrington Consulting and our eco-system partners to help design and co-create robust and highly innovative solutions meeting our client’s business requirements. You will coordinate and manage complex teams, and mentor junior level resources, prioritize multiple responsibilities, and manage tight deadlines. Your enthusiasm, expertise, creativity, and insights will be key to inspiring an upbeat and fun workplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Meet with decision makers, systems owners and/or end users to elicit, analyze and document functional and non-functional requirements.
· Deliver Business Analyst artifacts including requirements documents, process flows, data flow diagrams, source-to-target mappings and other documents based on the needs of the project.
· Conduct data analysis to validate business processes and guide requirements.
· Identify and address conflicting requirements and/or gaps between customers' needs and technology capabilities.
· Work with the client team in the development of product roadmaps and delivery strategies
· Collaborate with developers, architects, and QA to ensure a common understanding of the requirements
· Understand user experience research & analytics to ensure that your product solutions satisfy user needs.
· Work using the Agile/ Scrum project methods and help facilitate rapid iterations during the project phases; assist the Product Owner and Scrum Master
· Communicate and monitor weekly / monthly analytics metrics, provide regular updates on project status, including raising risks, issues, and impediments in a timely manner
· Identify opportunities for new features and content
Manage relationships with project stakeholders – both business and technology; be the trusted advisor
· 10+ years of proven experience writing product requirements and technical user stories
· Strategic thinking and ability to proactively provide recommendations for digital services
· Ability to form key relationships across the organization to build a strong culture focused on growth, learning and achievement
· Strong organizational skills with a focus on web content, business requirements and performance metrics
· Excellent writing and oral communications skills in English
· Ability to quickly grasp complex web product concepts and make them easily understandable in text and illustration
· Ability to work independently (self-motivated) and complete tasks within required timeframes
As an ideal candidate, you will also have:
· Computer Science/ Industrial Engineering/ Business background
· Experience with Agile Project Management tools such as Jira
· Prior experience with SCRUM / Agile methodologies
· Prior experience with UX
· Balanced business / technical acumen
We offer a competitive benefits package including RRSP contribution, ongoing training and development, contribution to business expenses such as parking and cell phone, modern technology and a balanced work life balance. We work with an international client and eco-system partner group including cross- team collaboration with The Barrington Consulting Group (quarterly meetings, lunch and learn, social engagements, team sharing, project sharing). We offer a small team positive culture including mentorship, continuous learning, and direct input into guiding your own career journey.
To express interest in this opportunity, please send your resume directly to Dennis Young, Managing Director