As an Android Developer you'll be working closely with our small but growing engineering team in crafting the best mobile apps the events industry has ever seen. This is an experienced position that requires fluency with the latest Java capabilities and improvements in the Android SDK. You are motivated to explore and deliver the best possible solutions to our users.
What you'll do
You will be interpreting requirements and mockups into functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps as part of a cross-functional Agile team.
- Support our Android client, helping find ways to architect and build new features in efficient, extensible, and maintainable ways
- Work with a large team of developers and architects across a range of languages and platforms on cross-functional Agile sprint teams
- Push the boundaries of what's possible with creative solutions to hard, mobilecentric problems like synchronization, asynchronous APIs, and leveraging offline device capabilities
- Create intuitive, custom UI controls and interfaces that match our great user experience
- Help mentor and coach other developers on best practices, standards, design patterns and other items
- Research the latest technologies, test, implement, and report back to the team on what you've discovered
What you'll need
- Experience collaborating with other senior developers and architects across multiple platforms in an Agile environment
- Understanding of the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, how they interact throughout the Android Activity Lifecycle, and how to leverage best practices to create adaptive interfaces for both phone and tablet
- Experience mentoring and coaching other developers and teams with best practices
- You know how to get the most out of the Android platform
- Extensive handson experience creating custom UI controls, consuming RESTful APIs, designing protocols, implementing delegate interfaces, animations, and performance optimization
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Are you interested?
Work With Us
CrowdCompass makes events a lot more popular through the power of mobile. As the premier event app developer, we provide mobile apps for conferences, tradeshows, meetings and events that range in size from 50 to 50,000 attendees. In a few short years we've gone from four people in a cramped apartment to hundreds of employees globally. We have thousands of customer apps and millions of downloads, and with the backing of Cvent (NYSE: CVT), we get the best of both worlds ? the scrappiness and agility (and fun!) of a high-growth mobile startup with the upward mobility, strength and stability of a publicly-traded company.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, stock options, bonuses, 401K, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com