It is an exciting time here at CGI as we continue to grow and expand our operations right here in Atlantic Canada. We are looking to increase our leadership team by adding a number of professional Scrum Masters to an exciting and challenging engagement within the global satellite communications industry. CGI is Canada's largest IT consulting services organization and the worlds 5th largest; we have over 65,000 professionals in 40 different countries. We provide high end consulting services in a wide range of industries for a wide number of global and local clients. At CGI, you will have the opportunity to work in industries, sectors and technologies from around the world right here in the comfort and beauty of Atlantic Canada. If you believe that you have the aptitude, temperament and capability to join a team of world class professional IT consultants then we would love to hear from you.
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Experience executing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc)
What you'll do
Doing everything possible to ensure delivery excellence and to ensure that customers' expectations are not only met but exceeded
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to help customers and to deliver services
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of our self-organization
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
What you'll need
We're looking for
A little bit about us
At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.