Kids Code Jeunesse is proud to bring computer programming to kids inside and outside of the classroom! We have reached an exciting period of growth and are looking for a motivated and passionate person to join our team as a Regional Coordinator in Saskatoon, SK. The ideal candidate believes that all children should have the opportunity to learn to code. You believe in the importance of empowering children, their educators and parents with the skills of the 21st century. You enjoy working with children, teachers and community volunteers.
You love to learn, you are interested in programming and you are excited to increase your skills in a friendly and non-intimidating environment. You believe that everyone, including you, should know the basics of computer programming.
Your role will be to work with trainers, volunteers, teachers and parents to ensure KCJ delivers the best possible services. You will also be the public representative of KCJ at events and conferences in your region.
Application deadline: January 24, 2018
What you'll do
- Develop a KCJ community in the surrounding major cities.
- Promote and coordinate the Code Clubs in libraries and community centres in your region.
- Recruit students from universities and CEGEPs for KCJ instructors.
- Coordinate teacher training workshops, as well as classroom activities.
- Contact local businesses and organizations interested in learning coding and simplified programming.
- Ensure and plan the training of new instructors and volunteers.
- Produce and send weekly reports to the Finance and Operations Director.
What you'll need
- University degree or equivalent qualifications
- Great communication skills
- Expérience en coordination de projets
- Experience coordinating projects
- Demonstrates initiative, motivation, and proactivity
NICE TO HAVE
- Drivers license
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Kids Code Jeunesse
Kids Code Jeunesse is a Canadian not for profit organization dedicated to empowering children, teachers and parents with the skills we all need to thrive in a technology driven society. By bringing digital learning experiences into the classroom and in communities, we teach Canadians how to be better thinkers and better creators in a digital world.
Kids Code Jeunesse est un organisme canadien à but non lucratif dont la mission est de fournir aux enfants, aux enseignants et aux parents les compétences numériques nécessaires afin de s’épanouir dans une société axée sur la technologie. Grâce à la programmation, tant les enfants que la population canadienne en général apprendront à développer leur réflexion et leur créativité à l’ère numérique.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Kids Code Jeunesse is on a mission to shake-up the digital education landscape for Canadians one classroom and one community at a time, and we need your help to do it. KCJ is a dynamic and extremely supportive work environment where all ideas and opinions are welcomed. We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative team players who want to help us empower Canadians to be better thinkers and better creators in an increasingly digital world.