R&D Software Developer
We are Nocland
We combine state-of-the-art technologies to create next generation network monitoring software. We use cloud-scale computing, machine learning and real time analytics to intelligently process a deluge of data from networks of varying sizes, from the small business to large complicated enterprise. With the proliferation of internet connected devices (mobile devices, IoT devices), comes more complex network architecture. Nocland helps organizations bring clarity to this growing complexity.
Working at Nocland is an opportunity to be immersed in a fast-paced, dynamic startup culture, where you will be challenged daily and be given a high level of autonomy.
We are seeking an R&D-focused software developer to join our team. The successful candidate will work closely with a data scientist to implement a proof-of-concept machine learning system which can learn how to detect and suggest responses to network events. The system will likely require the deployment of a high-throughput data pipeline and a database cluster to operate. The candidate does not need to be an expert, but should be highly motivated to learn about these areas.
We are looking for passionate, independent learners that enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- A Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or an equivalent level of software development experience
- Strong understanding of software architecture principles
- Strong implementation ability in at least one major programming language
- Understanding of networking fundamentals
- Ability to learn new skills independently
- Basic Linux system administration skills
- Artificial intelligence/machine learning
- Big data analytics
- Distributed databases (e.g. Cassandra)
- Cluster Computing (Hadoop, Apache Spark, etc.)
- Stream Processing (Apache Storm, Amazon Kinesis, etc.)
- Amazon Web Services
- Devops (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
Application Deadline: March 15th