Highline Beta builds and funds ventures in collaboration with global corporate enterprises across a variety of industries. In some cases we incubate new startups from the outside and in others we support internal corporate innovation engagements. Our startup accelerator programs are focused on partnering startups with our corporate partners to execute pilots quickly, and explore the potential for commercial engagements. For example, we work with AB InBev, the world's largest brewer, on their 100+ Sustainability Accelerator. Currently in its second cohort, the program has seventeen startups participating, globally, that are partnering with AB InBev to improve water use, energy renewal, recycling and more. Highline Beta may also invest in startups that go through a pilot program accelerator.
As a Program Manager, you'll be responsible for managing all aspects of our accelerator programs, including working with our clients to design and deliver programs in-market. You will most likely support multiple programs at the same time, and take a leadership role on at least one.
This is an initial 6-month contract with the potential to become a full-time role at Highline Beta.
The goal of our programs is to ensure that startups successfully pilot their solutions with our corporate partners. This means you need experience working with large companies in a consultative role.
What you'll do
- Work directly with clients to design and deliver accelerator programs
- Guide clients through the process of running an accelerator program including all aspects of the program's design, public communication, startup management and more
- Inspire confidence in clients as they adapt to new ways of working and thinking
- Source startups, globally, that are a good fit for any of the challenges put forth through our programs
- Interview startups, and conduct filtering/triaging efforts to get to a final cohort per program
- Support marketing & PR efforts to promote programs
- Run accelerator programming, including on-boarding (between startups and corporate partners), webinars/online experiences, mentor networks, etc.
- Ensure programs are successful, meeting the needs of our corporate clients and the startups that are participating
What you'll need
Required Skills / Experiences:
- You've run or been involved in running a startup accelerator before, with a focus on operations
- You've worked with large companies in some capacity previously and understand how they operate
- Able to adapt very quickly to any situation and understand the challenges of navigating large companies
- Incredibly curious about new industries, verticals or technologies (as we are industry agnostic, and our accelerators may be in any number of different areas of interest)
- Structured with attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent verbal communication; e.g. able to run a meeting with executives and senior corporate leaders, as easily as you communicate with startup founders
- Excellent written communication; e.g. can prepare executive-level presentations, startup-corporate case studies and more, error-free and with a high degree of professionalism
Desired Skills / Experiences:
- Have worked with and/or mentored startups in the past
- Have worked at a startup in the past
We're looking for
A little bit about us
At Highline Beta, we celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At Highline Beta we build businesses. In some cases we support clients doing so organically, in other cases we create new startups solving real problems that matter and help great founders launch and scale. You'll have an opportunity to work with a deeply passionate and skilled team that cares about making the world a better place. You'll get to learn from a diverse team of investors, entrepreneurs, designers, product managers, and more. You'll be challenged daily to push yourself, gain new skills, practice and teach the ones you're already an expert in, and help everyone -- yourself, your team, our clients, and our collaborators -- win. Our preferred style is to work with the client, not for the client.