Imperial Manufacturing Group is currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join our winning Richibucto team.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, as the night shift Production Supervisor, you have great leadership skills, the ability to organize and manage multiple projects and production departments concurrently while also managing your own time. You are energetic, motivated and excel in the role of a leader. You will be responsible to ensure timely and efficient work flow of production lines, while meeting targets as well as quality standards.
What you'll do
- Actively supervise, train, and direct production employees to ensure all company standards and goals are being met
- Act as a safety champion
- Assign work daily as dictated by the production schedule. Allocate personnel in a manner that fully utilizes both equipment and personnel to accomplish daily production goals
- Organize, communicate, and adjust daily production plans as needed to meet demands
- Examine material and product for defects
- Conduct hourly floor tours to ensure productivity, safety, housekeeping, and quality standards are being met
- Review amount of materials produced per hour/per machine. Evaluate any variances and provides coaching to employees not reaching set goal as needed
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching, evaluate employee performance and productivity, and assist in resolving disciplinary issues
- Communicate closely with the Director of Operations to ensure coordination of manufacturing activities
- Actively participate in continuous improvement program, including daily and weekly department meetings
- Aid in troubleshooting system and work process problems
- Continually support and monitor workplace safety
- Monitor manufacturing equipment and report defects as necessary
- Coordinate training for employees
- All other duties as assigned
Work schedule: Richibucto facility Monday - Thursday, 3:15pm - 1:30am
What you'll need
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 2-4 years experience in production supervision
- Computer skills required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning system (Oracle) is an asset
- A demonstrated ability to lead a team while achieving results
- A working knowledge of lean manufacturing processes and concepts
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and handle a variety of changing situations
- Ability to handle difficult situations under stress while maintaining one?s composure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Detail oriented, able to meet deadlines, and manage multiple priorities
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Imperial Manufacturing Group
Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of "Canada's Best Managed Companies - Platinum Club", our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.
IMG believes that our entrepreneurial culture creates an environment that encourages and enables our employees to be at their best every day. Encouraging them to think on their feet, to take an idea from start to finish, to take ownership of their job, and to ultimately stay ahead of the competition.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of ?Canada?s Best Managed Companies ? Platinum Club?, our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.
IMG believes that our entrepreneurial culture creates an environment that encourages and enables our employees to be their best every day by encouraging them to think on their feet?.to take an idea from start to finish?.to take ownership of their job?and to ultimately stay ahead of the competition.