The Atlantic Lottery Outpost Lab asks the question – if Atlantic Lottery were a startup, and working amongst other startups, what kind of projects would we build and bring to market? That’s the idea behind Outpost, a self-sufficient group of individuals working within a startup environment to with a view to come up with solutions in an all-new way.
What you'll do
Joining a highly agile team and working in a leading-edge and exciting area of the company, the product lead will have both an entrepreneurial and corporate leadership background. With an overall work and educational background that blends business and technology, the product lead plays a key role in guiding the lab team in the execution of agile software delivery and support with the launch and growth of minimal viable products for Atlantic Lottery. By engaging with other AL teams, the product lead will ensure the development of product pilots in the Atlantic Canadian market meet all operational requirements. The Product Lead will be responsible for leading the strategy and execution of the product growth to achieve pilot targets. As such, digital marketing/growth hacking skills are essential.
What you'll need
- Curiosity, seeking creative ways to grow and evolve product development and adoption
- Strong experience guiding the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition of product development, with multiple product pilots operating concurrently
- Digital marketing/Growth hacking- define growth objectives, develop strategies, measure results, improve and grow.
- A logical thinker with a 'can-do' attitude.
- Ability to assimilate and retain knowledge quickly
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to think creatively and generate innovative approaches and solutions
- Ability to work with the outpost lab team and AL (larger organization) to collaborative take ownership of creating and maintaining applications and frameworks
- Always keep social responsibility at the forefront of everything you do
- Demonstrated product management skills with an ability to understand problems and how they fit relative to a product portfolio
- An understanding for the tools and processes required by software developers and engineers
- An ability to develop strong relationships and organize mutually beneficial arrangements
- A passion for work and accomplishments of the team
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- The ability to excel and operate in both open innovation and corporate environments
- The ability to identify when concepts and ideas align with corporate strategy and/or growth opportunities
- Solid knowledge of statistics and analytics
- Competency in financial modelling
- Experience in A/B testing
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Our players have been having fun and "dreaming big" since 1976 when Atlantic Lottery started offering lottery games on behalf of the governments of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island.
The game options have grown and changed over the years and so has our workforce! Today's Atlantic Lottery has more than 600 employees and offers everything from dare-to-dream draw games to online bingo; breakopen tickets to sports wagering; and games in social settings and on the Internet.
With games come winners – more than 90,000 big and small wins every day - but the best thing about lottery games is that when anyone plays, everyone benefits. 100% of our profits go back into our communities - Atlantic Lottery has returned more than $8.9 billion in profit back to our communities. Every day Atlantic Lottery's employees demonstrate our shared commitment to social responsibility, operational integrity and to making a difference across Atlantic Canada.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Atlantic Lottery offers their employees a competitive salary and benefit. Convenient downtown Halifax location in Volta Labs, a vibrant tech startup hub working with an agile, collaborative team backed by the resources of an enterprise-scale corporation.