We are looking for a few exceptional people with an entrepreneurial spirit, who want to join an innovative and rapidly growing company that is laser focused on our customers success. We want people with a hands-on, "can-do" attitude, and who are at their best when the pressure is on. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and want a career, not a job, and you are willing to roll up your sleeves in this early-stage start-up, we just might be made for each other.
The Product Director reports to the CEO & COO and sits at the intersection of business, customers, market and technology. The Product Director is a critical enabler of technology-driven innovation, disruption and business results. They are an expert in both product design and development and responsible for bridging the gap between the technical and business worlds, identifying, evaluating, and implementing opportunities with strong potential for user adoption to continuously improve our platform and the ecosystem it operates in. Working collaboratively with the Parachute team, the Product Director is responsible for determining what additional features and functionality should be built into the product and delivered to our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, dependable, inventive, smart, decisive, able to build strong relationships across the company, identify issues and opportunities, create a vision and translate that into action for our product team. They will embrace Parachute's audaciousness and can operate in an agile environment.
What you'll do
- Assume the role of FinTech subject matter expert, taking ownership of all platforms and building a strong understanding of our users, business model, market and industry
- Define how we work from a product-perspective, including the methodologies for scoping features, user/customer testing, design, testing & quality assurance and more
- Refine the product vision and maintain the Product Roadmap in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Deliver innovation via continuous product development and business process improvement
- Interact regularly with our customers and internal stakeholders to gain insights into user behaviour and usage, to test new ideas and experiment with new features and ideas
- Understand user needs and gather product requirements to discover new ways of working and drive new solution architecture
- Work with stakeholders to define and translate strategic needs into high-level features, product requirements and acceptance criteria
- Manage feature backlog, including prioritizing and Roadmap planning
- Work collaboratively with the credit, behavioural and technology teams to validate and deliver successful initiatives through design, build, test, release, and maintenance, while ensuring revenue, efficiency and customer satisfaction goals are met
- Maintain a deep understanding of our data and analytics to incorporate into product planning
- Define, track and report on KPIs
- Communicate the state of initiatives across the team, stakeholders, and Executives
What you'll need
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in a FinTech environment
- Experience with FinOps, back office systems, accounting processes etc. considered an asset
- Strong leadership abilities • Understands the why: curious and inquisitive
- Strong product intuition and user empathy
- Ability to build trust and rapport with different areas of the business as well as our customers
- Ability to collaborate with different teams in an agile environment
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced, fast-changing work environment
- Expert communication skills, including written and verbal (presentations, leading meetings); and,
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver results within deadlines
A little bit about us
Predatory lenders are the only choice for over 7 million Canadians who have low credit scores. These high interest loans with hidden fees create a negative spiral that makes it almost impossible to achieve financial stability. Canadians need a more sustainable solution.
Meet Parachute - a loan that actually changes lives.
Our three-step approach combines a lower interest rate with no hidden fees, a data driven app that guides user behaviour, and a shared value rebate system to reward targeted outcomes. We're on a path to strong sustainable growth, built by a team with deep experience in credit, behavioural science and building start-ups.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
About the Gig
- A noble, social mission that creates meaningful, fulfilling work
- A team that cares deeply for customers and for each other
- We're a company of invested owners
- A management team focused on performance, growth, engagement and connection
- Passionate customers that believe in us-and what we do
- Work-life flexibility
- Hybrid work environment
- Generous annual vacation allotment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Parachute, our value of respect in the workplace is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected, and heard.