Product Development Engineer
The Product Development Engineer's prime focus is on the development and introduction of new and/or improved products to the MASITEK product line. The Engineer will play a major role in new product development activities such as research, design, and testing to bring products from concept to market.
The Engineer will also work with Company leadership and the Technical team to support the research and development road map, creation of design documents, development proof of concept designs for new product development and application.
- Applies strong problem solving abilities to electromechanical design challenge
- Provide technical and project leadership across multiple engineering product development stages ranging from conceptual planning to market launch and continuous improvement.
- Applies advanced research techniques and specialized knowledge (such as mechanical, electrical, etc.) to provide engineered, technical solutions with the ability to research and adapt existing or innovative concepts to new products
- Author and maintain product documentation such as design concepts, requirements, specifications and validation test plans
- Application of engineering knowledge in several fields to develop product design architecture, with full consideration of applicable regulatory approvals, manufacturability, purchasing, design verification, and production testing
- Creation of complete design solutions through the development and maintenance of accurate solid models of components and assemblies
- Delivery of detailed drawings, Bills of Material and change order documentation for the solutions.
- Customer technical presentations and creation of high level documentation.
- Special Projects & Additional Tasks
- Coordinate project goals & deadlines to ensure smooth transition from design to manufacturing
- Work with subcontractors to evaluate tooling & procedures of product production
- Work closely with sales and marketing departments to establish product launch strategies
- Work closely with patent attorneys to ensure intellectual property protection
- One to two years' experience in electro-mechanical systems design.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or other backgrounds with experience in mechatronics may be considered
- Strong Working experience in:
- Mechanical assembly design
- Electro-mechanical systems design
- Industrial design
- 2D & 3D CAD
- Finished product design
- Excellent knowledge of tooling, manufacturing and assembly
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to professionally interact with suppliers/manufacturers and to evaluate their capabilities
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills
- Ability to build and foster relationships internally and externally, at all levels.
- Communication skills: fluent English (oral & written),
- Excellent organization and project management skills, including the ability to multitask in a fast paced product development environment
- Ability and desire to work within a strong team dynamic.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
Occasional travel required visiting suppliers or customers either locally or internationally