Do you have a passion for platform development? Do you love not only exceeding existing client needs but also building out capabilities to stay ahead of the competition? Do you love to surprise and delight everyone in the room with cool (and useful) new features and functionality?
If you answered yes ? we're looking for you! We need detail oriented, architecturally strong software developers who know how to get things done. Client needs- we've got them. Aggressive platform roadmaps- we've got them too!
We're looking for people who enjoy taking on big tasks, working with the team to develop a road map and want to roll up their sleeves and help write some of the best code in the business.
We're not picky about what tools, languages or frameworks you know. We want to know how smart you are and what you've accomplished. Our belief is that if you have the "right stuff" learning a new language or framework is much easier than learning how to be the kind of motivated leader who will succeed here at Klick.
Of course this assumes you're open-minded about the tools you use and more interested in the type and complexity of the problems you'll get to solve than the tools you'll use to solve them.
That said, you'll get to work with some pretty awesome technologies. We're always experimenting with cloud services (we love AWS) like Lambda, Dynamo DB, S3, EBS and RDS. Help us find more cool stuff!
What you'll do
- End-to-end development of software platforms from design and architecture to coding, support and maintenance
- Creating proofs of concept, MVPs and platform enhancements.
- Provide input to technology leadership, product management and roadmaps to define deliverables and timelines.
- Experiment with and evaluate new technologies and bringing some fun new ideas to the table.
- Ability to triage client requests while still working towards a broader aspirational platform roadmap.
What you'll need
- 4+ years experience with web frameworks such as ASP.NET MVC, Node.js or Java (we mostly work in .NET).
- 4+ years experience with databases and database applications (we primarily use Postgres).
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals, development process and strategies (ie: OOP, SOA, TDD, Unit Testing).
- Analytic, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Team orientation and sparkling interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented fashion without losing sight of the overall picture.
- Ability to have fun and approach big projects with an open mind.
- Your head won?t explode if we talk to you about Dependency Injection.
- Experience with continuous integration & deployment tools.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Klick operates with a fiercely independent spirit at the intersection of technology, creativity and strategy. The Klick family is a diverse group of people who are driven and connected by a shared culture and commitment to the relentless pursuit of awesome at Klick Health, K2 Digital, Klick Learning Solutions (KLS), Katalyst, and Sensei Labs.
Established in 1997, Klick has teams in Chicago, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Toronto. Klick kicked off 2015 by being recognized for having one of the top 10 intranets in the world. In 2014, Klick won over 125 awards for its client work, corporate management and culture, including being named one of country's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Top 10 Greatest Places to Work, Best Employers, Fastest Growing Technology Companies, and Best Managed Companies. Klick's co-founders wrote New York Times Bestseller The Decoded Company (Portfolio/Penguin, 2014), the first book about big data in the workplace.