Posted September 21st 2017
Sendwithus is looking for a Platform Infrastructure Developer to join our growing engineering team and help develop cutting edge infrastructure for a new API platform. Great candidates will be passionate about building and deploying distributed systems and highly available web applications. You'll be working alongside Senior Platform Developers to develop container-based deployment procedures, continuous integration services, and system monitoring solutions.
This position offers an incredible amount of room for progressional growth and independence as our system scales and our team expands. The Sendwithus platform is responsible for over 30 million emails each day and handles thousands of requests per second. Our Platform Development Team ensures that our system is secure, reliable, and performant.
During your first 3 months you will...
- Complete your first project and deploy those changes to production systems
- Ramp up on our tech stack and system architecture while working closely with other senior members of the Platform team
- Begin to monitor, troubleshoot, and improve system services
- Be responsible for your first on-call rotation and technical triage
- Actively contribute to platform roadmap and planning discussions
- Identify performance bottlenecks, propose solutions, and lead implementation
- Raise the bar for our engineering team by defining and iterating on infrastructure best practices
After 12 months you will have...
- Taken complete ownership of at least one primary backend system; storage layers, data pipelines, API services, etc.
- Worked with engineering leads to iteratively design and implement best practices
- Developed internal metrics and reporting tools to monitor the health and availability of the Sendwithus Platform
- Lead the creation and implementation of large technical projects from start to finish
- Participated in high level system architecture and software design decisions
- Mentored new members of the engineering team
- Go, Python
- Docker, Kubernetes, GRPC
- Amazon Web Services
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcache, CassandraDB
Sendwithus powers email communication for large online businesses. Our system handles thousands of users and more than 30 Million emails every day, ranging from real-time notifications and invoices to personalized marketing campaigns and product updates. Our customers include Microsoft, Zillow, DonorsChoose, and MeUndies - in fact, we're already one of the top 300 email senders in the world. We were part of Y Combinator's W14 batch, have offices in both Victoria and San Francisco, and are backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.