BioScript Solutions is a network of companies that provide a unique complement of services supporting the distribution and provision of complex drug therapies. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality patient centered care in the specialty pharmacy industry in Canada. BioScript Pharmacy provides employees with a structured and unparalleled work environment unique to specialized pharmacy.
We are looking for a Pharmacy Assistant to join our dynamic specialized pharmacy in Kingston, ON. The scope of this role includes filling and labelling medication, receiving orders, performing inventory counts, confirming deliveries, entering financial data into computer software, preparing invoices, maintaining patient accounts, and answering phones. This is a permanent, full time job which requires a schedule of 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday.
What you'll do
- Assist with dispensing activities, such as filling and labelling medication;
- Assist with inventory activities, such as receiving orders and counting inventory weekly;
- Schedule and confirm medication delivery schedule;
- Working with financial information, including entering data into computer software, preparing invoices, and maintaining patient AR accounts;
- Participating in responding to communication from various stakeholders, including monitoring email accounts and answering phones;
- Other related tasks as required.
What you'll need
- College diploma in Pharmacy Assistant program or related field or equivalent training and experience;
- 1+ years? experience in a similar role;
- Experience using Kroll in a pharmacy setting;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- General computer proficiency and competence with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Proficiency with numbers and calculations;
- Proven customer service skills;
- Demonstrated effective time management and organizational skills;
- High attention to detail within a fast paced environment;
- Ability to problem solve, think critically, and make decisions;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Capable of lifting and organizing boxes and inventory (5-10 lbs, repetitive movements);
- Driven by continuous learning;
- Able to work well within a team environment.
Condition of Employment:
Criminal background check
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Who We Are
BioScript Solutions is a network of companies that provide a unique complement of services supporting the distribution and provision of complex drug therapies. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality patient centered care in the specialty pharmacy industry in Canada. We are working to improve patient care within the specialty pharmaceutical industry through our distribution, pharmacy, clinic, and patient program networks.
Who You Are
We carefully hand-pick people to join our BioScript family who share our enthusiasm for improved access to care and our entrepreneurial spirit. Are you looking to join an innovative, Canadian owned pharmaceutical organization with an excellent culture and environment, all while having the opportunity to really make an impact? Does your personal career mission align with our mission? We want to hear from you!
To engage patients by providing comprehensive pharmacy-led care while focusing on delivering
optimal patient outcomes through access, reimbursement, and clinical services.
Within our network of companies, you're sure to find your niche if you have a background or interest in healthcare. Across Canada, we have opportunities for Staff Pharmacists, Pharmacy Assistants, and Regulated Pharmacy Technicians. In select locations, we have opportunities for patient and organizational support professionals, such as Patient Reimbursement Managers, Pharmacovigilence Associates, Data Analysts, Accountants, and IT Professionals.
How To Apply
Interested in being considered? Current active opportunities can be found here: https://bioscript-solutions.alongside.com. For consideration for future opportunities as they arise (we are growing!), please send your resume and indication of what type of role you are looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be kept on file for consideration for a period of 6 months. All applications are held in strict confidence.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
How to Apply:
Please submit your application electronically ONLY. Please do not contact the pharmacy directly. Please note that applications without a cover letter outlining how you meet the qualifications for this role may NOT be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected to participate in the hiring process will be contacted.