BioScript Solutions is a network of companies that provide a unique complement of services supporting the distribution and provision of complex drug therapies. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality patient centered care in the specialty pharmacy industry in Canada. BioScript Pharmacy provides employees with a structured and unparalleled work environment unique to specialized pharmacy.
BioScript is the proud winner of the 2016 Entrepreneur of the Year - Atlantic Region award from Ernst & Young, which recognizes the vision, leadership, and achievement of Canada's most successful entrepreneurs. We are also honoured to qualify as an Employee Recommended Workplace by the Globe & Mail and Morneau Sheppell, which recognizes excellence in achieving a healthy, engaged, and productive workforce and is the only award of its kind based entirely on employee feedback.
We are looking for a meticulous, detail oriented individual based in or around Oakville, ON to assume the role of Pharmacovigilance (PV) Associate. This is a full time, permanent role based in our facility in Oakville and the key functions include managing the collection, processing, and reporting of Adverse Events (AEs) and Product Complaints in compliance with all organization and national pharmacovigilance requirements. In addition to these core functions, the ideal candidate would also assist with quality assurance related tasks such as; but not limited to audit preparation, CAPA investigations, change management and program compliance.
What you'll do
- Reporting to the Manager of Pharmacovigilance, the successful Pharmacovigilance Associate is responsible for:
- Managing the collection, processing, and reporting of adverse events (AEs);
- Adhering and contributing to the structure and objective of compliance across the organization;
- The organization, accuracy, and completeness of clinical information for a variety of manufacturers and patient assistance programs, including audit preparation;
- Maintaining high compliance standards in regards to reporting timelines, quality of reporting, and responding to inquiries from stakeholders;
- Collecting, assessing, and recording data related to AE cases. Accountable for recognizing, triaging, and reporting as per the program or manufacturer requirements;
- Reporting and submitting reportable AEs to Health Canada according to regulations;
- Assisting in the investigation, processing and maintenance of deviations and related CAPAs
- Help conduct program compliance
- Create and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs) as needed
- Collaborate with internal organizational departments to help identify new opportunities and recommend initiatives;
- Other tasks as required.
What you'll need
- Sc in Pharmacy, Nursing, or related Health Science;
- Minimum of 3 years Pharmacovigilance/Medical Information/Adverse Event Reporting/Safety Case Processing experience;
- Strong understanding of safety regulations;
- Experience in medical and/or pharmaceutical field(s), including exposure to medical terminology and/or scientific writing;
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
- Proven analytical and proven solving skills;
- Preference for an individual with CAPA investigation experience;
- Versed in Change Control Management is an asset;
- Proficient in conducting Program Compliance;
- Above average verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated prioritization skills and ability to multi-task to meet tight deadlines;
- Bilingual, English/French is an asset;
- Comfortable working with computers and technology, specifically the Microsoft Office suite of products.
Condition of Employment:
- Criminal background check
A little bit about us
Who We Are
BioScript Solutions is a network of companies that provide a unique complement of services supporting the distribution and provision of complex drug therapies. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality patient centered care in the specialty pharmacy industry in Canada. We are working to improve patient care within the specialty pharmaceutical industry through our distribution, pharmacy, clinic, and patient program networks.
Who You Are
We carefully hand-pick people to join our BioScript family who share our enthusiasm for improved access to care and our entrepreneurial spirit. Are you looking to join an innovative, Canadian owned pharmaceutical organization with an excellent culture and environment, all while having the opportunity to really make an impact? Does your personal career mission align with our mission? We want to hear from you!
To engage patients by providing comprehensive pharmacy-led care while focusing on delivering
optimal patient outcomes through access, reimbursement, and clinical services.
Within our network of companies, you're sure to find your niche if you have a background or interest in healthcare. Across Canada, we have opportunities for Staff Pharmacists, Pharmacy Assistants, and Regulated Pharmacy Technicians. In select locations, we have opportunities for patient and organizational support professionals, such as Patient Reimbursement Managers, Pharmacovigilence Associates, Data Analysts, Accountants, and IT Professionals.
How To Apply
Interested in being considered? Current active opportunities can be found here: https://bioscript-solutions.alongside.com. For consideration for future opportunities as they arise (we are growing!), please send your resume and indication of what type of role you are looking for to email@example.com. Resumes will be kept on file for consideration for a period of 6 months. All applications are held in strict confidence.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
How to apply:
Please submit your application electronically ONLY. Please do not contact the office directly. Please note that applications without a cover letter outlining how you meet the qualifications for this role will NOT be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected to participate in the hiring process will be contacted.