Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior's accommodation, care and service in the Maritimes. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 3,000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Personal Support Worker- Part Time & Casual Opportunities
Located in Fredericton, and reporting to the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse as a part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Retirement Living division. The Personal Support Worker (CCA) is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding "Shannex Philosophy of Service."
As the successful candidate you will provide direct personal care to our clients in accordance with their individual care plans, within the framework of Shannex policy, procedures and standards within Retirement Living facilities.
What you'll do
· Assisting clients with hygiene needs and daily living activities including bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, positioning in bed, eating and transferring.
· Assisting with client's restorative care programs, walking and range of motion.
· Assisting in the planning and implementation of client leisure activities on a daily basis.
· Collaborating with the client and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the development of individualized Client Care Plan.
· Performing delegated nursing acts according to company policy and scope of practice.
· Documentation according to company policy.
· Communicating and reports relevant information regarding client care or safety to Supervisor.
What you'll need
- Alzheimer?s & other Dementia Care course
- U-First training preferred
- Palliative Care Certification, preferred
- The ability to work required all shifts, weekends and holidays
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Are you interested?
Work With Us
"Great People Striving for Great Things" is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation, free on-site parking, and flexible schedule.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization, please apply on-line at www.shannex.com.
All applications will be kept in strict confidentiality.
Shannex is an inclusive employer and encourages diverse applicants. We appreciate all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.