The successful candidate will be immediately involved in a rapidly expanding project that is bringing computer vision to agriculture. This involvement will focus on the integration and optimization of hardware systems, linking optical technologies to farm-management equipment in order to meet defined requirements. The work will be carried out in both lab and field environments, moving quickly through calibration, testing and deployment phases to ensure timely and efficient capture of crop data. This position will require travel within the province of placement.
Highlight of Responsibilities:
- Define optical requirements and specifications for imaging systems and assemblies
- Determine test requirements for new products and carry out camera calibration, noise reduction and optimization in challenging environmental conditions to meet defined requirements
- Create specification reviews, generate technical proposals and select system components to meet defined requirements
- Test/debug hardware and software
- Operate optical equipment in the field and define operating guidelines for other users
- Familiarity with the state of the art in computer vision hardware
- Experience troubleshooting during production and development phases
- Failure-analysis skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Passion to solve challenging and important problems
- Able to work outside in high temperatures
- Able to work up to 10 hour days and 40 hours per week
- Self-directed and self-motivated
Resson is delivering leading predictive analytics technology to a fast-growing Agriculture tech industry. The successful candidate will play a key role in both the development and implementation of the Resson system, with the end objective to deploy Resson's system globally and to greatly impact the efficiency of production for agriculture operators world-wide.
Resson employees earn a competitive salary and are eligible for health, dental and other benefits.
To join the team at Resson, apply now!