Highline BETA is a startup co-creation and venture capital company. We're on a mission to discover, co-create, and fund better ventures.
Through startup co-creation, we bring together founders and enterprises to co-create and fund new startups. Through our corporate accelerators, we help enterprises partner with top startups and innovate faster. Through our funds and investment vehicles, we invest in ventures at the pre-seed and seed stages.
As a New Venture CTO you will help build an innovative batch of new ventures from startup co-creation to venture-backed companies.
What you'll do
You will be working on a number of different ventures and projects, at various stages of their lifecycle from idea generation to launch. You'll be driving the early technical development of client ventures and co-creations, as well as running validation tests and experiments.
- Work with Highline BETA's team and corporate clients to create new projects, products and ventures
- Be very hands on with everything technical, from a landing page to architecture; from hacking together prototypes to launching MVPs and beyond
- Participate in validation and customer development work ("getting out of the building")
Early on, you won't be managing a team (of developers, dev ops, etc.) -- you are the tech team. Imagine starting a new company with a product person and a designer; you're the 3rd piece of the puzzle.
What you'll need
You're perfect for this role if you:
- Have a strong interest in Highline BETA's mission and corporate innovation
- Are comfortable "hacking things together quickly" and getting your hands dirty
- Technology and platform agnostic
- Have shipped product in the past (web & mobile)
- Have experience working in startups and on multiple projects at the same time
- Believe in a Lean, iterative, experiment-driven approach
- Are a versatile self-starter (as you will be working on and managing multiple projects, ideas, ventures, etc. at the same time)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant development experience (@ at startup)
- Experience working with small product teams (product + designer) to execute and ship product
- Experience building/coding a wide breadth of products/features/etc.
- A drive to get better every single day and always looking for opportunities to learn
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We believe that diverse teams build better companies and better products. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all backgrounds, including candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.