Highline Beta builds and funds ventures in collaboration with global corporate enterprises across a variety of industries. In some cases we incubate new startups from the outside and in others we support internal corporate innovation projects. For example, we recently incubated Relay in collaboration with American Family Insurance to transform how reinsurance deals are made.
As a Hacker-in-Residence, you will work alongside our CPO, new ventures team, and Founders-in-Residence to build software MVPs; infrastructure; and advise on security, architecture, and development practices.
What you'll do
Work with Highline Beta's new ventures team to create new projects, products, and ventures
Build software products using modern technologies
Build infrastructure, orchestration and deployment playbooks
Utilize monitoring and analytics instrumentation tools to get product and infrastructure data
Be very hands on with everything technical, from a landing page to architecture; from hacking together prototypes to launch MVPs and beyond
Participate in validation and customer development work ("getting out of the building")
What you'll need
Required Skills / Experiences
- 5+ years experience in software development startups, writing code
- Excellent understanding of SDLC
- Experience working with small product teams (product + designer) to execute and ship product
- Experience building/coding a wide breadth of products/features/etc.
- A drive to get better every single day and always looking for opportunities to learn
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate deeply technical concepts to non-technical people
- Experience architecting complex systems
- A growth mindset.
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Proficiency with modern frameworks and libraries -- React, React Native, Node.js, Ruby on Rails
- Experience with DevOps processes and tooling -- Terraform, AWS, Heroku
- Experience recruiting, building, and leading software teams
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We believe that diverse teams build better companies and better products. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all backgrounds, including candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At Highline Beta we build businesses. In some cases we support clients doing so organically, in other cases we create new startups solving real problems that matter and help great founders launch and scale. You'll have an opportunity to work with a deeply passionate and skilled team that cares about making the world a better place. You'll get to learn from a diverse team of investors, entrepreneurs, designers, product managers and more. You'll be challenged daily to push yourself, gain new skills, practice and teach the ones you're already an expert in, and help everyone -- yourself, your team, our clients and our collaborators -- win.