Posted July 27th 2017
We’re on a mission to transform industries globally, through new venture creation and building a new, scalable model for startup investing and corporate innovation that works. Highline BETA helps forward-thinking enterprises innovate faster and co-create new ventures in the areas of FinTech, InsurTech, Digital Health and CPG.
To do that, we need entrepreneurially-minded individuals interested in the intersection of corporate innovation and the startup ecosystem. As a New Venture Associate, you thrive on working on a diverse set of projects with corporate clients, engaging in the startup ecosystem and helping to drive new venture and investment opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Research & tracking of the startup ecosystem, specific to our areas of interest; including startup sourcing, industry/sector research & analysis
- Work on and support specific projects and new venture opportunities with corporate clients through applying Lean Startup & Design Thinking principles
You’re perfect for this role if:
- Have a strong interest in both Highline BETA’s mission and corporate innovation
- Enjoy a diversity of projects and work (lots of context shifting)
- Experience with Lean Startup and/or Design Thinking (and/or Jobs to be Done) as frameworks that you’ve used before
- Love Excel/Google Spreadsheets and doing research
- Enjoy being actively involved in the startup ecosystem, meeting new people and connecting dots
- Strong, team-oriented work ethic with willingness to work independently and autonomously
- 3+ years work experience (in roles such as consulting, strategy, analysis/research)
- Experience in digital / technology industries
- Experience in startups is a bonus
- Proven experience in applying problem solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Comfortable with interacting with senior level executives and investors
- Highly motivated with a strong interest in business development and relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Highline BETA is a startup co-creation company that partners with leading corporations to launch new ventures in the areas of FinTech, InsurTech, Digital Health and CPG.