We're on a mission to transform industries globally, through new venture creation and building a new, scalable model for startup investing and corporate innovation that works. Highline BETA helps forward-thinking enterprises innovate faster and co-create new ventures in the areas of FinTech, InsurTech, Digital Health and CPG.
To do that, we need entrepreneurially-minded individuals interested in the intersection of corporate innovation and the startup ecosystem. As a New Venture Associate, you thrive on working on a diverse set of projects with corporate clients, engaging in the startup ecosystem and helping to drive new venture and investment opportunities.
What you'll do
What you'll do:
- Research & tracking of the startup ecosystem, specific to our areas of interest; including startup sourcing, industry/sector research & analysis
- Work on and support specific projects and new venture opportunities with corporate clients through applying Lean Startup & Design Thinking principles
What you'll need
You're perfect for this role if:
- Have a strong interest in both Highline BETA's mission and corporate innovation
- Enjoy a diversity of projects and work (lots of context shifting)
- Experience with Lean Startup and/or Design Thinking (and/or Jobs to be Done) as frameworks that you've used before
- Love Excel/Google Spreadsheets and doing research
- Enjoy being actively involved in the startup ecosystem, meeting new people and connecting dots
- Strong, team-oriented work ethic with willingness to work independently and autonomously
- 3+ years work experience (in roles such as consulting, strategy, analysis/research)
- Experience in digital / technology industries
- Experience in startups is a bonus
- Proven experience in applying problem solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Comfortable with interacting with senior level executives and investors
- Highly motivated with a strong interest in business development and relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We believe that diverse teams build better companies and better products. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all backgrounds, including candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.