At the New Brunswick Innovation Foundation (NBIF), we strive to change the world one idea at
a time. We make dreams come true by enabling innovators to turn their ideas into reality. Our
talented team of professionals share a can-do attitude and rely on teamwork to support our
clients and to solve complex problems each day. Together we make a significant impact and
share a desire to transform our community, all while gaining a breadth of knowledge and
experience that’s beyond compare.
At NBIF, innovation is more than a buzzword, innovation is our business. No one day is ever
the same as we work with some of the most amazing innovators and help them to realize their
dreams. We offer a workplace that empowers our people to do meaningful work and to learn,
grow and develop. We believe in continuous learning and refuse to accept the status quo.
You share our enthusiasm and passion for innovation and embrace a startup mindset. You are
creative and thoughtful, yet thrive in an environment with competing priorities and tight
deadlines. You take pride in your work, excel under pressure, and enjoy helping people. You
collaborate well with others and are there to support the organization as a team player and
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to join our organization. This individual will be
responsible for the idea generation, development, implementation and ongoing operations of
our marketing, communications, and PR plans and tactics. As the lead with our marketing
agency and through collaboration with our internal stakeholders, you will be our brand champion
and our voice to build our strategies and tactics to ensure it portrays the mission, values, and
produces the desired outcomes for our team and organization.
What you'll do
- Lead the requirements and workshops with stakeholders to build out plans and tactics in these areas: marketing campaigns; communications plans & tactics; stakeholder engagement; and, content strategy.
- Collaborate with our agency to build out: communications materials; digital strategy and execution, social media strategy and execution, event strategies and execution; website strategy and management.
- Content development including idea generation, writing, editing, and producing content. Examples include: website, blog posts, new releases, annual report, presentations, and speeches.
- Relationships management with vendors, sponsors, media, external partners and marketing agency.
- Champion the NBIF brand both internally and externally, ensuring that the brand consistently and accurately portrays the mission and values of the corporation.
- Building marketing and communications KPI’s and report on these on a regular basis.
- Building and owning an annual budget.
What you'll need
- Post-secondary education/university degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant marketing and communications experience
- Written and spoken competencies in both French and English is a definite asset
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and experience in digital and social marketing tools
- Website management and operations are an asset for daily updates
- Requirements gathering and facilitation of stakeholder inputs for online and offline needs
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Knowledge of the regional startup ecosystem and/or research community activities is an absolute asset
- Attention to detail and quality assurance
A little bit about us
The New Brunswick Innovation Foundation (NBIF) is an independent, non-profit corporation that supports the development of innovation. Our mandate is to expand the innovation capacity of New Brunswick by investing in applied research and innovative, growth oriented companies that impact the provincial economy.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Established in 2003, NBIF is an independent, non-profit corporation that is building the
innovation capacity of our province by making investments in applied research and in high-
growth potential businesses. We bring together ideas, people and investment capital to bridge
the gap between research and enterprise.
Since its inception, NBIF has invested $85 million dollars and leveraged an additional $425
million dollars in funding, all in support of innovation in New Brunswick. These investments have
had significant impact on the New Brunswick economy. For every dollar invested by NBIF, $8
has been contributed to the provincial GDP and $2.60 has been generated in tax revenue. To
date, NBIF has funded 470 research projects within the province’s universities, community
colleges and research organization and supported the creation of over 106 for-profit companies.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on your qualifications and
The deadline for application is Monday, September 25, 2017.