The Marketing Communications Manager position will drive the strategy and implementation of a comprehensive and innovative communication program that will focus on engaging and retaining existing customers. They will be responsible for the development and execution of all communication campaigns, social media, and other emerging engagement opportunities. The individual will also be strongly depended upon to deliver the ideation, development, and deployment of all consumer campaigns focused on increasing existing consumer engagement and continued reinforcement of product and brand value. The individual must possess good analytical skills, presentation skills, be innovative and creative, as well as be able to challenge the creativity and processes of peers and senior leadership.
We're an audiobook company on the outside but a tech company at our core, so expect a fast-paced and constantly shifting role. We're obsessed with running experiments, brainstorming, and taking calculated risks. New projects and opportunities appear on a weekly basis-here, your job description is a launch pad, not a jail cell.
What you'll do
- Foster engaged and profitable customers through strategic communications, programs, promotions, and merchandising
- Drive existing customers towards a desired customer lifecycle through strategic marketing: encouraging longer memberships, higher revenue per membership, and lower costs per membership.
- Be an effective leader through the management of multiple individuals: leveraging their strengths to collectively work towards department objectives
- Deliver effective customer communication to capture new market attention and nurture existing consumer relations via holistic communication plans encompassing email and in-app marketing, website, and other customer touchpoints
- Prepare big picture marketing strategies and service innovations that serve to increase customer engagement and retention
- Develop and implement a reporting process on both a micro and macro scale to measure the effectiveness of various campaigns and marketing strategies
- Create, organize, and oversee promotional calendars and timelines for ongoing customer communication
- Perform market research analysis to evaluate the competitive landscape: service offerings, pricing models, advertising campaigns
- Forecast and meet both retention and engagement targets within departmental budgets
- Define segmented communication based on a range of customer qualifying characteristics
- Plan and oversee an innovative social media strategy across all social media channels
- Advise senior leadership on new market opportunities or gaps in existing channels and procedures
- Work as a liaison between multiple departments to ensure alignment with brand goals
- Survey customers to assess appeal of proposed programs, determine NPS Score, collect basic demographic information, and use data to fuel new projects and marketing initiatives
What you'll need
Education: University Degree in Marketing or 5+ years experience in a Marketing Manager role with a proven track record
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong managerial ability
- Strong organizational, presentation, and written skills
- Creative and able to think outside the box
- Ability to multitask: you'll be working on a lot of different projects in different phases at the same time
- HTML coding and email marketing software experience
- (Lyris, Mail Chimp, Constant Contact. Etc)
- Experience with the design and analysis of surveys
- Familiarity with Adobe PhotoShop and SQL an asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Founded in 2011, Audiobooks.com is an app-based subscription retailer for audiobooks, delivering fast and easy access to over 100,000 titles to booklovers around the world. Our members can listen to best sellers, new releases and classic favourites on Apple and Android devices and via our partners: Sonos, GM, Jaguar and Land Rover. With a customer-first focus, we're constantly innovating and experimenting to create the best experiences for our listeners. Audiobooks.com is an RBmedia company.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We've got two stories of really bright, open space in a great location that's just a 10-minute walk away from Appleby GO Station. The marketing team is a small group of unbelievably friendly people who really enjoy getting their hands dirty and getting our products out there. If this sounds like an opportunity you'd like to learn more about, send us the following:
- Cover Letter
- Your Resume
Full benefits, unlimited paid vacation, in-house mindfulness & yoga classes, on-site massage therapist, healthy snacks, and fun social events are just a few awesome things we offer here at Audiobooks.com. We can't wait to connect with you!