Marketing and Communications Officer
BioNB is looking for a talented Marketing and Communications Officer to join our dynamic team. This individual will be responsible for the idea generation, development and ongoing implementation of our marketing, communications and PR strategy and tactics.
BioNB is the trusted bioscience authority in New Brunswick, Canada. We promote a supportive business environment for bioscience ventures through coaching, community building and advocacy. BioNB operates within a wide community online and offline and manages several resources including a virtual incubator program, funding navigator, industry directory, blog, and email newsletter.
You have a passion for all things social media and a strong understanding of digital marketing tools including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, MailChimp and Hootsuite, and how these platforms can be deployed to support our firm, our clients and the New Brunswick biosciences sector. You will be our brand champion and will be responsible for executing a strategy that portrays our mission and values, while producing the desired outcomes for our team and organization.
As our firm?s marketing and content specialist you will be responsible for:
- Stakeholder engagement, including the management of a variety of targeted lists of organizations/audiences in the NB Bioscience sector;
- Content strategy and development including content production for various audiences in the sector;
- Communications materials;
- Digital strategy and execution;
- Social media strategy and execution;
- Event strategies and execution; and
- Website strategy and management.
Marketing and value proposition development
You will be responsible for idea generation, writing, editing and producing content for marketing and communications across multiple channels:
- Website content
- Blog posts
- News releases
- Event coordination for training, networking, marketing
Running with the organization/hosting/co-hosting of unique events for the bioscience sector in New Brunswick. These events will serve to showcase the local business cluster and provide educational, networking and funding opportunities to industry and researchers on a number of topics.
Relationship management with:
- Contractors and agencies
- Media and other external partners
- Post-secondary education/university degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- 2+ years of professional marketing and communications experience
- Ability to travel. A valid drivers license will be required along with the ability to rent vehicles nationally
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and experience with digital and social media marketing tools
- Experience developing written content (such as press releases, brochures, blogs and email marketing)
- Project management skills including the ability to manage and prioritize competing assignments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Highly flexible and adaptable
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proven diplomacy skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Attention to detail and quality assurance
- Proven ability to work independently without much supervision
- Deadline-driven and personally motivated
- Written and spoken competencies in both French and English is a definite asset
- Knowledge of the regional startup ecosystem and/or research community activities is a definite asset
- Understanding of commercializing technology in the bioscience industry
- Graphic design and related tools (Adobe Creative Suite of products)
- Familiarity with website management and design tools such as WordPress
- Media relations
- Enthusiastic personality and a willingness to take the lead on collaborative projects with external partners
- Willingness to reach out to new contacts/clients and build relationships
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you.
Please upload your CV with your application and provide us with a writing sample in the Questions section.