Moosehead Breweries Limited is Canada?s last-major brewer still owned by Canadians. Headquartered in Saint John, New Brunswick, the company has been operated by the Oland family since it was established in 1867.
Reporting to the Director of Packaging, the Maintenance and Training Planner will work to improve work force productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, scheduling, and coordination of maintenance resources, parts, materials, and equipment access. Additionally, they will identify training needs for teams and individuals, map out training plans and schedules, design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house), prepare, monitor, evaluate and documenting training activities.
What you'll do
- Help establish and/or enhance a formal work order system for Engineering/Packaging/Brewing operations
- Assist with the implementation of modern professional maintenance techniques
- Assist in developing critical measures for success for all areas
- Assist Maintenance personnel with project work
- Estimate the material and labor (internal and external) of job requirements, develop task instructions, identify tool and equipment requirements and develop job material lists
- PM and standard job plan development
- Coordinate with operations, purchasing, maintenance personnel and maintenance management
- Plan and schedule for shutdowns
- Development of planner reference systems including a file of planned job packages for recurring jobs, plus labor and material libraries for each piece of equipment
- Identify recommendations and or areas for improvements
- Assess training needs for new and existing employees
- Identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps
- Partner with internal stakeholders regarding employee training needs
- Organize, develop or source training programs to meet specific training needs
- Liaise with subject matter experts regarding instructional design
- Develop training aids such as manuals and handbooks
- Inform employees about training options
- Track and report on training outcomes
- Maintain employee training records
- Maintain essential records and files from which management reports are prepared and distributed
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Bills of Material (parts lists) for assets including ensuring current information is accurate
- Participation in budgetary preparation, tracking, and analysis
- Assist the Maintenance department in periodic analysis of cost trends with recommendations for continual improvement
- Review all work order feedback and update PMs and standard work orders accordingly
- Additional duties as assigned
What you'll need
- Post secondary degree/diploma preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Minitab is considered an asset)
- Able to read and interpret vendor manuals and drawings
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with shop floor personnel, vendors and management personnel
- Able to perform some level of cost analysis and work within a structured budget
- Committed to safety and teamwork
- Highly motivated
- Strong communications and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
A little bit about us
Moosehead Breweries Limited
Moosehead Breweries Limited is the last major brewery in Canada still owned by Canadians. The brewery is located in Saint John, New Brunswick and operates with values that have been safely guarded by the same family since 1867.
Despite obstacles, devastating fires, Prohibition, the Great Depression, two world wars, obstructive trade barriers, and bruising competition from breweries 100 times its size. Moosehead is one of the most durable and long lasting companies in Canada. Ultimately it has been the Oland family's passion for beer that has enabled them to be successful over the long term.
With their product on beer shelves from Newfoundland to B.C., and its flagship Moosehead Lager shipped to approximately 350 distributors in the U.S.; Moosehead has become an iconic mainstay in North America's beer industry.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume no later than August 28th, 2017 by 5:00pm AST.
Moosehead Breweries Limited appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.