Spring Loaded is a start-up company based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. At Spring Loaded, we are developing unique, proprietary knee bracing technologies in order to enhance the power output of the quadriceps muscles. For athletes, our technology is being designed to offer reduced fatigue, heightened endurance, and increased performance. For individuals with knee injury or osteoarthritis, our technology is focused on increasing mobility, reducing joint compression, and reducing pain.
Spring Loaded is seeking a Logistics Coordinator to help us transition our logistics into an efficient and well managed part of our operations.
- Ownership of import and export through international and domestic air, ocean, and ground shipments
- Prepare all shipping documentation including, but not limited to, commercial invoices, packing lists, bills of lading, pro forma invoices, and export declarations that travel with each shipment
- Ensure proper and suitable packaging and containers are utilized to make sure goods do not arrive damaged
- Prepare and ship all packages using air and freight as appropriate
- Ensure our inbound and outbound deliveries are not interrupted
- Monitor all incoming and outgoing deliveries, maintain precise records of all transportation and goods including estimated delivery dates, and provide proactive follow-up and updates on shipments to operations, sales, and customer service teams
- Negotiate, establish, and monitor freight programs to maximize freight efficiency and minimize freight cost for all shipments
- Forge and manage relationship with international brokers and agents
- Creating purchase orders for foreign suppliers and communicating with suppliers on estimated shipment dates
- Receiving all incoming materials and shipments and updating the system. Inventory counts
- Ensure the safe delivery of and timely return of our outsourced parts and processes
- Perform other administrative duties as required by the company
This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapidly growing, fast-paced organization with a seasoned management team who have been there before. If you are looking for unparalleled experience in a short period of time (a crazy ride), are intrinsically driven, want to thrive on the outside of your comfort zone, and an opportunity to work with an amazing team, there is no better place than with Spring Loaded. We offer a casual work environment with our head office located in Dartmouth, NS, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are highly motivated, energetic and seek the challenges and rewards of building a great product and reaching your potential, we would like to hear from you.