We're on a mission to transform the insurance space as you know it. As a key member of our first new venture in the InsurTech space, you will help establish a next-generation reinsurance solution in the Property & Casualty (P&C) market.
Our venture is fully backed by Highline BETA, a startup co-creation and venture capital firm based in Toronto, Canada, with extensive experience structuring new ventures with companies such as Royal Bank of Canada and Anheuser-Busch InBev.
Highline BETA helps forward-thinking enterprises innovate faster and co-create new ventures in the areas of FinTech, InsurTech, Digital Health and CPG. You will initially join as part of Highline BETA (full-time contract) and transition with a full-time role into our new InsurTech venture once it is fully funded.
Highline BETA's head office is in Toronto, but you may be based elsewhere, working remotely (ideally in the U.S. or Canada.)
What you'll do
You will be working on opening doors and building long-term relationships in the P&C reinsurance, reinsurance brokerage, and insurance spaces.
- Work with Highline BETA's InsurTech team (reporting to our InsurTech Entrepreneur-in-Residence) and corporate connections to establish partnerships and spearhead adoption of our next-gen reinsurance solution;
- Implement commercial and strategic relationships with organisations in accordance with our overarching objective, strategic goals and strategies;
- Be focused on nurturing a strong network of solution partners and users in the P&C insurance market;
- Create a systematic, process-driven approach to partner outreach and relationship management;
- Identify and source partnership opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound networking and client visits;
- Research partners, identify key players and generate interest;
- Negotiate and finalize deals in accordance with company's contract guidelines and policies;
- Deliver a great experience to our partners when working with our organization - you will represent our brand and be our partners' liaison internally;
- Forecast, measure, and report the results of various projects with partners, including co-created and/or co-branded content promotions, lead sharing, and/or event partnerships;
- Keep great ongoing relationships with current partners and offer new ways to grow the partnerships;
- Act as a key contributor to the partner/user acquisition, market positioning, and branding strategy and tactics;
- Provide inputs into the product design and validation effort.
Early on, you will not be managing a team (of account managers, lead generation, consultative sales people) -- you are the business partnership team. This is a highly entrepreneurial opportunity and you will be part of the first wave of collaborators, with the ability to shape both the venture and your role as you go forward and build credibility and trust with our team and partners.
What you'll need
You're perfect for this role if you:
- Are looking for the next step in your career and are willing to join a higher-risk higher-return entrepreneurial endeavour to get to the next level (with the full backing of an established incubator and proven entrepreneurs);
- Have a strong interest in identifying and better serving the reinsurance market needs through superior processes and technologies (and ideally some knowledge of existing solutions);
- Are comfortable prospecting independently. You follow a method to develop the market, and have the discipline to implement it day-in day-out;
- Are an energetic, highly motivated individual who enjoys networking and nurturing strong relationships in a close-knit market;
- Preferably have experience and a network in the P&C reinsurance, brokerage or insurance spaces;
- You are an excellent listener and advisor, able to quickly learn from your contacts to anchor win-win partnerships;
- Have some experience working on innovative projects or at startups.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant partnership development or account management experience (ideally in the P&C space);
- Experience working with a small team towards aggressive market development milestones;
- Experience with selling/marketing cloud-based technology solutions;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- A drive to get better every day and always looking for opportunities to learn.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We believe that diverse teams build better companies and better products. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all backgrounds, including candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.