FundyPros was founded in 1993 and has grown extensively during the past years. Today, the company is the largest employer of Drywall professionals in the Atlantic Province?s Construction Industry. Our success and growth is possible because of the qualities and abilities of our employees and our dedication to client service principles. Due to our continued growth and our desire to be even better at what we do; we are seeking the professional services of a dynamic and enthusiastic Junior Estimator.
The main purpose of the Junior Estimator (Drywall) is to analyze costs of projects and prepare estimates of commercial and residential construction and drywall projects
What you'll do
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Prepare, examine and responds to tenders
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, clients, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare estimates on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Prepare blue books for each accepted project.
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll need
The Junior Estimator position requires that the incumbent have a thorough knowledge of the construction and drywall industries. The incumbent:
- Must hold a diploma in a drafting, engineering and/or construction related fields
- Have 1 or 2 years work experience working in an estimating role
- Must be able to read and interpret building drawings and designs
- Competence in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
- Excellent competence in the use of the Internet for information research, E-mail, and IT systems generally
We're looking for
A little bit about us
FundyPros Specialty Construction
Since 1993, we?ve been raising the standards and expectations in our industry.Today, we're now the largest specialty construction firm in New Brunswick and pride ourselves on the people and practices we employ.
We work with the best. Our team of professionals is over 250 strong and growing? and as a leader in our industry, we attract the best trades people around.
We?re big on safety. We pride ourselves on our safety practices and make every effort to meet & exceed NBCSA and OHS Act and Regulations.
We set the pace. To ensure quality and value for our clientele, our workforce is constantly learning, training and certifying ? keeping us at the forefront (and ahead of the curve) of what we do.
Our values are strong
- Safety: Safety is our way of life.
- Accountability: We bear the consequences of our actions and inactions.
- Integrity: We are honest and real.
- Quality: What we do, we do well.
- Learning: We are eager to listen, to discover, to learn and to teach.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
FundyPros offers a flexible work environment that is both stimulating and diversified. This position is a full time position that offers a competitive compensation package, including a great Group Benefit Package and a Pension Plan.