Junior Estimator (Drywall)
FundyPros was founded in 1993 and has grown extensively during the past years. Today, the company is the largest employer of Drywall professionals in the Atlantic Province’s Construction Industry. Our success and growth is possible because of the qualities and abilities of our employees and our dedication to client service principles. Due to our continued growth and our desire to be even better at what we do; we are seeking the professional services of a dynamic and enthusiastic Junior Estimator.
The main purpose of the Junior Estimator (Drywall) is to analyze costs of projects and prepare estimates of commercial and residential construction and drywall projectsResponsibilities
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Prepare, examine and responds to tenders
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, clients, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare estimates on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Prepare blue books for each accepted project.
- Other duties as assigned
The Junior Estimator position requires that the incumbent have a thorough knowledge of the construction and drywall industries. The incumbent:
- Must hold a diploma in a drafting, engineering and/or construction related fields
- Have 1 or 2 years work experience working in an estimating role
- Must be able to read and interpret building drawings and designs
- Competence in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
- Excellent competence in the use of the Internet for information research, E-mail, and IT systems generally
FundyPros offers a flexible work environment that is both stimulating and diversified. This position is a full time position that offers a competitive compensation package, including a great Group Benefit Package and a Pension Plan.