Alongside is a Hiring Platform for SMB that creates unbreakable relationships with amazing people. We're on a mission to transform the way great companies are built, by helping organizations forge strong connections with the world's most talented and dedicated people. The world of work is changing, and we believe hiring should change too. Our vision is to provide genuine flexibility and customization to empower individuals and organizations to showcase what makes them truly unique and therefore build meaningful connections.
We're looking for a Junior Designer to partner with our diverse team of designers, marketers, and engineers. You'll collaborate on cross-functional projects designing experiences that attract, inspire and ultimately solve real problems for our users. You will be back and forth between creating marketing material, helping produce wireframes and help with polished product design. Essentially, you'll be wearing many hats at once but learning the full scope of Product Design along the way. Since this is a Junior Designer role we do not expect someone who is experienced in Product Design but is rather open to learning the ins and outs of the trade from our senior staff (an understanding of the position is expected).
If this sounds like a role for you, then read on and apply to join our team now!
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for:
- Conceptualizing and producing material that conveys our brand values through marketing and product design.
- Creating templates and workflows that can help the design process be flexible and efficient.
- Coordinating creative assets across teams.
- Prototyping digital interactions and experiences to validate and refine design decisions.
- Collaborating on high and low fidelity user interfaces and help bring them to market with success.
- Working closely with engineers to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Helping grow Alongside's identity and design system, and working within our design language to help ensure we are always true to our brand.
What you'll need
- You can work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You can work in Sketch, Adobe products and are comfortable learning prototyping tools such as InVision and UXpin.
- You have a passion for intelligent and beautiful design.
- You take criticism constructively and not personally.
- You ask detailed and specific questions, value consistency and understand nuance.
- You care about how your design influences user experience and customer success.
- You aren't afraid of being wrong; especially when you can learn from it.
- It's a bonus if you're an illustrator, animator, know CSS or HTML.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Alongside is a Hiring Platform for SMB that creates unbreakable relationships with amazing people. We’re on a mission to transform the way great companies are built, by helping organizations forge strong connections with the world’s most talented and dedicated people. The world of work is changing, and we believe hiring should change too. Our vision is to provide genuine flexibility and customization to empower individuals and organizations to showcase what makes them truly unique and therefore build meaningful connections.
We are a team...
- Who embraces uncertainty
- Who keeps things simple
- With unwavering relentlessness
- With endless curiosity
- Who empowers and uplifts others
- Who experiences life
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Want a sample of the work you'll do?
Alongside offers a non-traditional, open office workplace with a close-knit team, and an 'always learning' approach to work. We love dogs, ping pong, free coffee, celebrating birthdays, memes, and getting together for lunch. Our team works together closely on projects and values celebrating our successes together and thriving off the potential of achieving something out of the ordinary.
- Work with very talented people who are creating the best Hiring Platform
- Working in one of the coolest offices in Moncton!
- Health Benefits.
- Amazing opportunities for personal and professional growth.
If your interested in joining our growing team, Apply Now!