We?re looking for an experienced, demonstrably competent core java developer to help us build and improve AmpMe!
Your primary focus will be the development of new features and their integration with our core music synchronization technology. Your secondary focus will be enjoying our fantastic office life. And finally, in your spare time, you will be tasked with participating in air guitar dance battles, which we take extremely seriously.
Seriously though, our app is used all around the world in ways that we haven't even realized yet, and it's just the tip of the iceberg of what we can accomplish. You'll be an essential part of our team, helping scale AmpMe to millions of people.
We were named one of the best apps of 2016 by Google, our app was downloaded over 5 million times, and we're bringing people together through music. Come join us in making a difference around the world!
We're looking for
- A strong desire to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional programming skills in Java
- Good knowledge of concurrent programming
- Knowledge of distributed systems and algorithms
- Knowledge of mobile technologies (iOS, Android)
- Knowledge of audio processing, an asset
- Familiarity with test driven development
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (Git) and the GitHub flow
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS and Google Cloud Platform) and containers orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Satisfactory communication skills in English and ideally French
- A fun place to work and meaningful challenges that will touch people around the world
- A week vacation to the destination of your choice before you start
- A brand new laptop of your choice and premium Bluetooth headphones
- Private health clinic and comprehensive health benefits (we pay everything, no deductions on your pay!)
- Salary based on experience
- Up to 10% yearly bonus, based on team performance. Bonuses can be wagered in Rocket League duels but it is somewhat frowned upon.
- Stock options ?if the company does well, everyone does well!
- Office toys ?we just got an electric scooter
- Bragging rights when our app takes over the world
What you'll do
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, build and ship new features
- Take data-driven decisions about the future of the app
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Document, design, implement and debug the accountant?s Microsoft Office home edition. Also the app.
What you'll need
Education: College Degree in Computer Science
Language: English, French
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Established in 2015 and born out of Montreal, Quebec (Canada), AmpMe has become the global leader in terminating awkward silences and turning the party up! We're building the future of music, and bringing people together.
Imagine being able to start a party anywhere you go.
Music has the power to move and inspire, and we're on a mission to bring a portable sound system to everyone, regardless of where you are and what device you have on you. The technology we're building brings people together in the real world, crafting unforgettable moments and ever-lasting memories.
As a team, we learn, we share and we break boundaries. Passion is the background music to our journey, and we're looking forward to having you along with us for the ride!
Diversity is something that we care deeply about, not only because we believe it makes us a better team, it also gives us more insights into building a consumer product that people will love. We're proud to count people from Canada, Spain, France, Iran, China, Columbia, Chile, US, Brazil and India among the team!
Finally, although we are serious about the work we do and the challenge we're undertaking, we collaborate with respect, humour and kindness.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Congratulations for making it all the way to the end.
These listings can get serious and tedious, and we?re anything but that. We commit to making a useful and exciting product, and we believe that requires a productive and exciting environment. Hit us up if you think you?re up for the challenge!