Posted December 1st 2017
Brighstpark is looking for a Investor Relations Manager to act as a main point of contact for our growing network of individual investors. In this role, you will cultivate and nurture accredited high net worth individuals, and provide them with what they need to make an informed investment decision.
This is a great opportunity to observe and understand the inner workings of a venture capital firm adopting an innovative investment model. If you have a passion for knowing and learning about all things tech, startups, and venture capital, and want to combine that with your relationship and business development skills, then join us!
You will have varied tasks and responsibilities, as this is a new position in a small but rapidly growing firm. Your responsibilities will include:
- Qualifying, converting and nurturing new prospective Brightspark investors;
- Proactive outreach to investors via phone, email and personal meetings;
- Onboarding and education of new investors, as well as ongoing care;
- Educating investors about VC investment opportunities and other Brightspark offerings;
- Working on a performance plan to reach monthly goals;
- Act as a strong representative for Brightspark in a variety of contexts, including with potential investors, at events and conferences;
- Develop new distribution channels for Brightspark’s offering in collaboration with Brightspark’s VP, Investor Community.
Our ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with rapid change
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English (French is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in business development, account management, outbound sales or related field preferably in the investment/financial services
- Results-driven, motivated by metrics-based goals;
- Ability to communicate in a professional matter with high-net-worth individuals and family offices, and consistently deliver excellent customer service;
- Comfortable with proactive outreach and phone calls;
- Superb inter-personal skills and a passion for reaching challenging goals;
- Proactive self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset, and a strong work ethic;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Creative thinker who is not afraid to share ideas.
Nice to haves:
- Existing network within high-net-worth investors, advisors, and wealth managers;
- Experience in private equity or venture capital;
- Passion for the start-up community and venture capital;
- Comfortable with new technology concepts.
Brightspark is an innovative venture capital firm with offices in Montreal and Toronto. We provide early investment in Canada’s most promising tech startups. We are building out a new way for individual and family-fund investors to participate in venture investing.
Founded in 2000, Brightspark is one of the best performing Venture Capital funds in Canada and its managing partners have decades of experience investing in, operating, growing, and exiting early stage tech companies. For the past two years, Brightspark has invested in companies based on a new model where individual accredited investors are invited to invest with Brightspark in its VC-grade deals. This unique model lets individual investors choose which deals to participate in, with the comfort that Brightspark has completed carefully diligence on each deal and is committed to managing each deal through to an exit. Kensington Ventures Fund is the lead investor in Brightspark’s new initiative.